Ways to find the source of a Virtual Provider
This blog is to address the beginners in SAP BW space, who are exploring and learning BW. Here is the ways to find the Function Module which loads data into Virtual Provider.
During the issue reported by customer on data mismatch, you may have to find the root cause. In the cases of MultiProvider which has a combination of VirtualProvider and StandardCubes, it is necessary to understand the DataSources and DataFlow from various SourceSystems. But Virtual Provider will not have manage screen OR even it doesn’t show the dataflow to know the source of data.
To find the source of Virtual Provider follow the below ways.
I. Using RSA1,
1. Goto RSA1 ==> InfoProvider ==> locate your InfoProvider.
2. Goto display mode of the InfoProvider, click on Information icon OR press (Ctrl+F5).
3. In subsequent pop up screen, choose ‘Type/Attributes’.
4. In subsequent pop up, find the details of Virtual Provider. Click on the details icon to find the name of the Function Module and its SourceSystem.
II. Using Database Tables,
1. Goto SE16 ==> Enter the table name RSDCUBE.
2. Pass the InfoProvider name as input along with OBJVERS = A.
3. Field ‘Name of Function Module/Class/HANA mod’ – FUNCNAME will give you the Function Module name.
Either of these two ways will give you the source of the VirtualProvider along with its SourceSystem for further investigation.
Thanks for reading the blog, feel free to share the feedback OR even other ways to find the same.