Following SAP’s UI strategy, our goal for HCM is to gradually migrate more and more of the HR Renewal functionality to Fiori. With Fiori wave 9, we took another big step in this direction. Today we released two new apps, My Services for the employee role and Team Services for the manager role, with Wave 9 (official name: SAP Fiori for SAP ERP HCM 1.0 SPS02).
In the past, some ESS/MSS services were available in the Fiori Launchpad, others in the HR Renewal Landing Page. Many customers told us that they did not want to roll out two different access points to their employees. The two new apps now enable employees and managers to launch all ESS and MSS services from a single point of access regardless whether the apps are built in SAPUI5 or Webdynpro ABAP.
On the Fiori launchpad, the new tiles look like this.
1. My Services
With My Services, employees can access all ESS applications regardless whether they are build using SAPUI5 or Webdynpro ABAP (only supported on desktop/laptop). The Fiori My Services app is equivalent to the My Services lane in HR Renewal. Users can either scroll down to a specific app or use the links at the top of the page to directly jump to a certain area.
The Home area of the app offers quick access to pinned items, favorite items, and recently used apps. An administrator can pin an item using the backend launchpad configuration (transaction LPD_CUST). For example, an administrator can pin the Open Enrollment application so that it is easily available to all employees at the top of the app. An enduser can add an app to the Home area by marking it as a ‘favorite’.
2. Team Services
Similarly, My Team Services provides managers access to all MSS applications regardless whether they are build using SAPUI5 or Webdynpro ABAP (only supported on desktop/laptop). The Fiori My Team Services app is equivalent to the My Team Services lane in HR Renewal.
3. Common Features of My Services and Team Services
Both apps offer the following key features
- Provide access to classical self services applications based on other technologies such as SAP Web Dynpro ABAP and SAP UI5
- Reuse existing backend HR configurations to display on the UI along with the icons maintained for the app in the back-end
- Allow employees to view items pinned by the administrator using back-end (indicated by ‘pin’ icon)
- Allow employees to mark the apps as favorites (indicated by ‘star’ icon)
- Allow employees to view recently used items (indicated by ‘outlined star’ icon)
- Offer search field to quickly find and directly launch an application
Users can personalize the apps via ‘Settings’ and ‘User Preferences’.
For example, a user can personalize the app by choosing the UI theme including a high contrast black theme.
Using Settings, a user can hide or display the application icons and application descriptions.
My Services requires the minimum backend versions
- AP enhancement package 5 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 3 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 6 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 1 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 7 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 2 or higher
Team Services requires SAP enhancement package 7 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS02 or higher.
For more details on system requirements and setup, see
and SAP note 2181062.
What else is new Wave 9?
In addition to the 2 new apps, wave 9 also delivered an enhancement to the existing HCM Fiori apps enabling concurrent employment/global employment. More about this in my next blog Fiori Wave 9 enabling Concurrent and Global Employment.