Technical System Data Delivered by SLD Data Suppliers and Agents
Last updated: Dec. 17, 2019
Technical system data is the basis for most ALM processes. Now it’s import that the required data are delivered by several data suppliers, addressing the System Landscape Directory (SLD) and the SAP Solution Manager Landscape Management Database (LMDB).
Data Delivered from the Technical System
The following figure shows, which part of a technical system’s data is delivered by which data supplier:
Figure 1: Data suppliers from the technical system to SLD and LMDB – example RZ70 of AS ABAP addressing the SLD and outside discovery sending data to the LMDB directly. Note that the SLD Data Suppliers do not fully cover Host and DB System – detailed info is delivered by outside discovery.
As you can see several details of system information is delivered by separate data suppliers:
- Application servers, DB system data, and software (installed product versions, product instances, software components, and their support package levels) can be provided by SLD data suppliers (for details see SAP Notes in further information)
- Kernel components, some basis host information like DB and OS platform (no version info) comes from sapstart srv (sldreg)
- OS and DB version information you’ll get (only) by outside discovery sending the information to the LMDB directly.
Note: In addition to the SLD Data Suppliers being part of the technical system itself, as of SAP Solution Manager 7.2, SPS06 the SLD can be a target for agent data – see SAP Note 2556432 – Switch Outside Discovery from Diagnostics Agent to SAP Host Agent
- SAP Note 1869701 – Overview of the SLD Data Suppliers of Technical Systems
- SAP Note 2556432 – Switch Outside Discovery from Diagnostics Agent to SAP Host Agent
- SAP Note 1052122 – Host names in SLD and LMDB
- Related Notes:
- SCN blog post Agent Data in the SAP Solution Manager LMDB