New Fiori apps RDS released! Implement Fiori apps in simple steps – Download SAP Best Practices™ for free
We are pleased to announce that SAP Fiori apps rapid-deployment (RDS) was released for Download* on SAP Service Marketplace on 6th of July, 2015. With this RDS you can deploy any SAP Fiori app, which was delivered by SAP, including SAP Fiori apps requiring the SAP HANA platform as a prerequisite. The RDS provides best practices and straight forward step-by-step documentation free of charge to drive down implementation costs and accelerate deployment. In addition, the RDS includes predefined services designed to accelerate time-to-value and provide predictable results.
New Service Option specifically for S/4 HANA, on-premise edition
The RDS now includes an optional service which can be used with the S/4 HANA, on-premise edition
The pre-requisite checks describe SAP backend configuration settings for SAP backenend systems needed to run the below selected transactional Fiori apps successfully:
The package provides straight forward step-by-step documentation for:
- SAP Fiori Transactional Apps Deployment
- SAP Fiori Analytical Apps Deployment
- SAP Fiori Factsheet Apps Deployment
- SAP Fiori Smart Business Enablement
- SAP Fiori Advanced Security Setup
- SAP Fiori Integration with SAP Enterprise Portal
- Mobilizing SAP Fiori Apps
- SAP Fiori App Extensibility and Customization
- SAP Fiori Launchpad Operation
- New Service Options for S/4HANA and Mobilizing the Fiori apps
Combine packages – Assemble to Order
You will also find information on integration points to other Rapid Deployment Solutions, e.g. ERP, CRM, HCM. Rapid Deployment Solutions use the concept of Assemble to Order (A2O). A2O means you can create one project from multiple SAP rapid-deployment solutions to better address your needs.
Deploy & Extend – openSAP and RDS complement each other
SAP Best Practices are not only part of RDS for a quick and easy implementation but also used in openSAP courses to teach you how to design, develop and deploy new Fiori apps, extend and customize existing Fiori apps, introduce course members to Fiori Cloud Editions and development tools and concepts. Rapid Deployment Solutions and openSAP courses are therefore complementing each other very well. While the Fiori apps RDS enables you to deploy any Fiori apps delivered by SAP, the openSAP course enables you to extend your portfolio of Fiori apps. The latest openSAP course Build Your Own SAP Fiori App in the Cloud has attracted over 22,000 learners. In the included “design and build” challenge 1,500 learners designed and developed their own apps using SAP HANA Cloud Platform and SAP WebIDE. See here some examples: 170 app prototypes running live on the HANA Cloud Platform.
Simply explore the main RDS content via this app http://fioriappsrds.hana.ondemand.com/
Download the full RDS by following the below few steps:
1) Go to SAP Fiori apps rapid-deployment solution’s page http://service.sap.com/public/rds-fiori-apps
2) Check the scope and software and delivery requirements on the page
3) Tab on the orange button on the right hand side Download package*
4) Select the link Installation
5) Download and extract the ZIP file to your local hard disk. All documentation assets will be available offline on your desktop
7) Chose start.htm to open the Content Library to flexibly simulate the Scope-Items as you need them and get the related Configuration Guides.
8) Before you start with the implementation, refer to the SAP Note (login required) and the attached Configuration Guide: Getting Started for the latest updates or enhancements to this package.
*Note: To be able to download, you need an account for SAP Service Marketplace. If you do not have one yet, you can register now.
Feel free to comment, give feedback or ask questions via the comment section below in the User Experience Rapid Deployment Solutions Community.