Maintenance Planner is hosted on SAP Support Portal. The landscape data used for all planning activities is uploaded into the customer profile via Landscape Management Database (LMDB) of SAP Solution Manager.
The authentication works based on the s-user being mapped to customer number so each customer will see only their own data. Ensure that you have an s-user for the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP). Your user in SAP Solution Manager must be assigned to your s-user for the SAP Service Marketplace. For more information, see SAP Note 1822202.
Figure 1: Data flow and access by customers to their landscape data in Maintenance Planner
Initial set up of your system data in Maintenance Planner:
- Data is sent to the System Landscape Directory (SLD).
- Data from SLD is synchronized with the Landscape Management Database (LMDB). For this please ensure you have completed the activity Connecting LMDB to System Landscape Directory (SLD).
- Data from LMDB is uploaded to customer profile in SAP Support Portal. Once available in customer landscape data is used by the maintenance planner for all planning activities. Synchronize your technical systems from SAP Solution Manager to SAP Support Portal. You can do it in the Technical System Editor in SAP Solution Manager.
System Information from LMDB is uploaded to SAP Support Portal in the following ways:
- Periodic update: By default, the landscape data is uploaded every day, or at a regular frequency configured on LMDB based on the landscape fetch job.
- Direct upload: You can also apply SAP Note 2002546 to enable a direct upload of system landscape data for a particular technical system from the SAP Solution Manager to the Customer Profile. Once this is done, system data will be immediately available on Maintenance Planner once you click Upload to SAP Support Portal.
You can also read this Blog describing the overall topology of various entities involved.