Announcing General Availability of Maintenance Planner- Successor of SAP Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer
We are pleased to announce the General Availability of Maintenance Planner. Maintenance Planner is generally available to all our customers on SAP support portal.
Maintenance Planner is the successor of Maintenance Optimizer, Landscape Planner, and LMDB Product System Editor combining their functionalities. Maintenance Planner consolidates critical tasks such as definition of product maintenance dependencies, generation of a stack configuration file, and selection of archives in a single tool. It is currently available in English only.
Maintenance Planner is the next generation tool for planning landscape maintenance. It
- is a solution hosted by SAP.
- simplifies the landscape maintenance process to update, upgrade and install new systems with greater ease and efficiency.
- integrates correction of landscape data with the maintenance process in a dialog driven process.
- provides easy visualization of maintenance dependencies.
- streamlines new system installations by eliminating superfluous activities.
- prevents inconsistency across systems in a multiple tier SAP customer landscape.
Learn more about Maintenance Planner.
Which means, MOPZ functionality within SOLMAN would be discontinued in future? If yes, by when?
Dear Mr. Patil, Thanks for your comment. At the moment we can not comment on the timelines.In general the direction we are headed towards is to consolidate all relevant functions in Maintenance Planner.