How to find the transaction code from report or program name
Here I will describe three ways to find the transaction code for a report or program. In this document I will use as example the program RFITEMGL.
Using transaction SE80
1. Go to transaction SE80 and select Program in the list. Fill the program name and click on Display. In the list below, look for Transactions.
Using transaction SE38
1. Go to transaction SE38, fill the program name and click on Where-used List (Ctrl + Shift + F3);
2. Select the option Transactions and click on Execute;
3. System will show you all transactions related to that program.
Using table TSTC
1. Go to transaction SE16, fill the table name as TSTC and press Enter;
2. Fill the program name and click on Execute (F8);
3. System will show you all transactions related to the program.
➕ You can use the same table to do the opposite! Fill the transaction code to find the program name.
Thanks Cristiano for the detailed document on this.
Just curious to know if there are any more ways to find transaction code. For instance, program RFKRRGEN to create evaluations for vendors can't be found in any of these three methods. Do you know if it doesn't indeed has any transaction or there is any special method to find for these types of programs.
indeed there is no transaction for this program. I found the following thread teaching how to create a custom transaction. Maybe this can be an exit for you.
HOW to create new transaction code in SAP
all the best erwin
Thank you Vipul!
I've been publishing some documentations and SAP KBAs too, check for them too when possible. 🙂