Installing Download manager on Windows 8
The purpose of this document is to discuss my recent experience and errors faced while installing SAP download manager on Windows 8 64bit machine.
To begin with, when you want to install a download manager, make sure you have the below prerequisites:
- There is JavaRuntime Environment installed on the machine
- The Environmental variable JAVA_HOME and PATH were defined
- Run the installer in Administrator mode
Once the above steps are in place the installation should be a cake walk. However , I would like to discuss few error I encountered recently:
Issue 1 : Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported
You face this error after you have start the install.exe and select the language of installation. I am aware of two solution for this,
- Run the exe in compatibility mode : Right-click on install.exe-> properties-> compatibility and your selection should look like the below screen.
Once the below selection is done try running the installation again
- If you are still facing the issue then use command prompt to run the below command from the location of the exe.
command : install.exe -i GUI
This worked for me 100% and the installer would run normally, but this did not allow me to choose the required JVM in later step and I had to follow the earlier process
Issue 2 : Once the installation is completed I faced an error “Windows error 2 occurred while loading the JAVA VM” while launching the Download manager application.
The reason for this is the installer did not update the location of JVM in one of the file located in installation paths.
To fix this follow the below steps :
- Open the installation path, by default this would be C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Download Manager\
- Open the file SAP Download Manager.lax in a text editor like Notepad.
- Locate the parameter lax.nl.current.vm
- change it to the location of JVM on your machine ( below screen is a reference from my machine and value would vary on end machine)
After this you should be able to access the download manager application without any further issues.
Thanks for you time and hope this document helped you.
Please share your thoughts/suggestions that could help avoid these errors directly during installation.
I have referred it to solve my problem.
This post solved my issue too.. Thanks a lot...
Also solved... Thanks very much!!
Also solved! Thanks