9 Steps to Solve Portal Rendering Issues in IE
A detailed and articulate (also aptly titled) post on portal rendering issues in IE is already available. Portal consultants, admins and the likes should definitely read it to understand how the issue and its solution has evolved in depth. This document descibes what should be done when facing a rendering issue towards solving it.
1. Check if the issue can be reproduced in other browsers – Chrome and Firefox in particular
If the issue can be reproduced in other browser versions as well then it is not an IE rendering issue.
2.Get the necessary information
SystemInfo – NW version.SP level.patch level
Browser version – IE9, IE10, IE11 etc.
3. Check if the browser is compatible with your portal version here
4. Check if you have the patches applied as per note 1972506 if you are using IE11
5. Check if you have the patches applied as per note 2158358 if you are using the Classic framework page/ Classic framework page lite or a custom framework page based on it.
6. Check if you have the browser document mode property set as per 1458799
If you are using a custom framework page then make sure that the browser document mode iview is added to it.
7. Check if you have the patches applied as per note 1814711
8. Find out the rendering mode required by the application.
( UI5 iviews must be rendered in the standards mode if the portal framework page is being rendered in quirks mode )
If the application has to be rendered in the standards mode then set the iview property “Launch in new window” to “Display in separate headerless portal window ( standard mode)” , i.e. navmode 10.
If navmode 10 is not available then you will have to follow note 1737445
9. If you would like to open content that requires standards mode rendering within the portal content area then the Ajax Framework Page Standards mode can be used described in note 2001910 which has some restrictions.
Hi Tanush, very nice "one stop document" for the Portal rendering issues. Thank You.
We are getting an Error with IE11 and NW 7.4 SP11 Portal - "page can't be displayed Error" when user try to login to backend ABAP system via Portal Single sign on.
I am not sure it is rendering issue or something else. (I know Portal on Basis side)
Any ideas please suggest. Thanks in advance for your help. regards., Sridhar
I'd suggest you check if the issue can be recreated in other browsers as well.
If it cannot be recreated in other browsers then open the developer tool bar(F12) in IE11, manually change the browser mode(IE5 to Edge or vice versa) and check if the issue occurs.
If changing the browser mode does not help then it is not likely to be a rendering issue.
Hi Tanush, changing the browser mode did not help. Any ideas how to debug this issue. Thanks . Sridhar
This issue occurs if the Internet connection is established through certain proxy servers when the SPDY/3 protocol is enabled in Internet Explorer. Please check the proxy servers in the settings and add the required ones in trusted sites under tools.After saving all your changes, close the browser, try to clear cachce too and then reopen the required site again.
Hi Kamya, thanks for the reply. I don't see any proxy servers in the settings but SPDY/3 is enabled. please find the screen shot and suggest if I miss any. I tried disabling the protocol but it did not help. regards, Sridhar
A very good one stop document for all the portal developers.
Of the 9 points ,the point 9 is the most commonly rendered one ;little do we know that an additional parameter need to be set in the corresponding iview namely,sap-ie=edge.