SAP LABS France sign the SMART GRIDS charter at the Innovative City fair
The French Riviera is an active territory on Smart grids and Urban matters. With over 150 players distributed over the entire value chain of energy from producer to consumer, the Smart Grid industry Riviera is one of the most dense and dynamic France.
A real ecosystem around the topic is setting up thanks to an active collaboration between private and publics actors. The French Riviera Chamber of Commerce and Industry is playing a great role since 2010 by fostering public institutions and High tech companies. These actors are brought together in the French Riviera Smart Grids Club and charter created in 2014. The club offer a great opportunity to develop co-innovation project locally on Smart Grids and broader topics like IoT.
That is why SAP Labs France decided to get involved. Hanno Klausmeier, President of the Labs, sign the Charter last week during the Innovative City international fair, with EDF/ERDF, Schneider Electric, IBM, and many others.
Signature of the Smart Grids Cote d’Azur Charter, 24th of June @ Innovative City Fair
What is the Smart grids Club objective
The objective of the French Riviera Smart Grids club is to promote the different smart grids solutions through the development of the global value chain of the smart grids competencies/expertise from the offer to the demand, to follow/observes the market trends .
The strategy is also to attract public investment. The French Government, in particular the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industry is highly supporting the development of the Smart Grids in France, relying on local, national and regional initiatives.
- Build up a smart grids territorial specialization on the French Riviera
- Support innovative start up. and develop co-innovation project
- Stimulate the local smart grid ecosystem and promote it at an international level
- Generate job creation by attracting public investment
What will be SAP Labs France role & interest?
- Smart girds @sap : SAP Is a worlwide leader in data analysis and management, involved in Smart grids & IoT.
- Develope co-innovation project within the local ecosystem & local partners.
- Promote SAP technologies & expertise for the Energy Industry being part of the demonstrator group: Hana platform, predictive analysis & BI, IoT.
For more information: