What is composite provider ?
- A Composite provider is infoprovider (View), which combines data from several analytic indexes or from other info providers by Join or Union, and make this data available for reporting and analysis.
- The composite provider is defined in a graphical environment, thus facilitating rapid modelling.
- This make it possible to bring together data from multiple sources using analytical indexes.
- The main advantage of Composite providers is that: BW Info Providers can be combined using the JOIN operation allowing us to create new scenarios not possible or very expensive with standard techniques (Multiprovider, InfoSet).
Creating Composite providers from Analytical indexes and from other info providers.
- Call transaction RSLIMOBW
2. Enter a name for your composite provider.The maximum length of the name is 10 characters.The system added the prefix @3 to the info provider name.
3. Choose create opens to the graphical modeling environment.
4.Choose an info cube and/or analytical index to be used in the composite provider.
5. Drag & Drop the Info cube and/or Analytical index into the modelling area. A popup asks for the binding type Union or Join.
6. Choose Ok.
7. Select fields from Info cube and/or Analytic index per Drag and Drop into the empty Composite Provider.
8. A line (bold) carry’s that Join if representing a Join-connection.
9. Check the Join-Connections. If a Composite Provider Query delivers as unexpected result, you can run different types of Join-Field-Analysis.
10.You can change a field’s name and add a description. Choose change properties via the field’s context menu. A field’s name can be 10 characters long at maximum. If longer the system assigns name like F001, F002 etc.
11. Activate the composite Provider.