In the upcoming weeks we will be posting new videos to the SAP HANA Academy to show new features and functionality introduced with SAP HANA Support Package Stack (SPS) 10.
The topic of this blog is administration.
SAP HANA Cockpit
The SAP HANA cockpit is an SAP Fiori Launchpad site that provides you with a single point-of-access to a range of Web-based applications for the administra tion of SAP HANA. You access the SAP HANA cockpit through a Web browser.
In SPS 10, SAP HANA cockpit has been greatly enhanced:
- The administration and monitoring features of the SAP HANA cockpit are now split into the tile catalogs System Administration (for MDC) and Database Administration
- Manage Services app (replaces Database Status app SPS 09): app that allows you to start/stop/remove services (same actions as in SAP HANA studio)
- Performance app (replaces Memory Overview and Resource Utilization Statistics apps of SPS 09): This app allows you to visually analyze historical performance data across a range of key performance indicators related in particular to memory, disk, and CPU usage.
- Monitor Statements app is a new app that provides you with information about the 100 most critical statements currently active in the database.
- User Tables app is a new app that allows you to visualize tables by size, explore the usage history of tables, and move tables to warm storage.
- Backup app that allows you to start new backups, monitor status and view the Backup Catalog
- Integration for the SAP HANA Platform Lifecycle Management tool web (HDBLCM)
Multitenant Database Containers
Security of SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers
Integration with SAP HANA Cockpit
New System Administration catalog provides tiles for monitoring and managing tenant databases in multiple-container systems. Contains:
- Manage Databases tile indicating the overall health of the system and status of tenant database. Opens the Manage Databases app where you can monitor the status and resource usage of individual databases and drill-down into the Manage Services, Performance Monitor and Alerts apps for individual database monitoring, stop, start, and delete existing tenant databases and even create new tenant databases.
- System Alerts tile indicates the number of high and medium alerts currently raised in tenant databases and opens the Alerts app where you can view and analyze alert details.
Additional enhancement for MDC are a simplified setup for the webdispatcher, support for synonyms for cross-database queries and a new script to convert regular SAP HANA systems to multitenant databases
See SCN Document SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers for a compiled guide on the topic from the documentation set.
Thank you for watching
You can view more free online videos and hands-on use cases to help you answer the What, How and Why questions about SAP HANA and the SAP HANA Cloud Platform on the SAP HANA Academy at youtube.com/saphanaacademy.
Follow us on Twitter @saphanaacademy
Connect with us on http://linkedin.com/in/saphanaacademy