Welcome to the Q2 edition the SAP Portal news blog. We have many news for you in the following topic areas:
- SAP Fiori / SAP Fiori Launchpad on HANA Cloud Platform
- HANA Cloud Portal News
- More Cloud Solutions on HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal: Partner Portal
- Enterprise Portal
- Developer Challenge 2015
- Blogs from the Community
SAP Fiori / SAP Fiori Launchpad on HANA Cloud Platform
Experience, Customize and Run SAP Fiori on the Cloud with SAP Fiori, Demo Cloud Edition
SAP Fiori, demo cloud edition provides a new cloud based, simple deployment option for SAP Fiori on the cloud. It runs on SAP HANA Cloud Platform, while consuming the business data from the customers’ on-premise system. The extended SAP Fiori, demo cloud edition offering, which is free of charge for 30 days, provides customers additional capabilities of extending and branding SAP Fiori apps, and a full role-based, personalized SAP Fiori launchpad experience. Watch this movie:
Watch this demo showing how to get started with SAP Fiori, demo cloud edition:
There are 4 additional demos in which you learn:
- how to experience SAP Fiori, demo cloud edition, as an end user
- how to customize the look and feel of your Fiori launchpad with SAP UI theme designer
- how to adapt existing apps from various lines of business to your needs using SAP Web IDE
- how to access to SAP HANA Cloud Platform cockpit to manage your extended applications
SAP Fiori Launchpad Available in SAP HANA Cloud Platform
SAP Fiori launchpad is now available for all SAP HANA Cloud Platform trial users and productive users. The launchpad is available as a site in HANA Cloud Portal, and provides a range of services, including navigation, application configuration, and embedded support.
Blogs from our experts
I recommend to read also these blogs written by our Cloud experience experts:
- learn about Fiori Configuration Cockpit administration, configuration, and design tasks required for a SAP Fiori launchpad site and its content
- how to create apps for a SAP Fiori launchpad site, developed on HANA Cloud Platform
- how to customize SAP Fiori application launch tiles on HANA Cloud Platform
- how administrators can allow end-users to enhance their Fiori experience by using a different theme, than the one that is assigned to the launchpad site
- how to create your Fiori Launchpad Custom Theme – UI5 Version alignment
- how to set up an SAP Mobile Documents folder as a tile in SAP Fiori Launchpad (FLP) on cloud.
SAP HANA Cloud Portal
Cloud Portal on SAP Store
HANA Cloud Portal has a page on the new SAP Store.
How to Mark your Cloud Portal Site ready for Smartphone
This blog offers some best practices – based on the ongoing customer implementation projects – and will give you an instruction on how to create a Cloud Portal based site which looks good on smartphones.
More Cloud Solutions on HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal
Improve Partner Engagement with new Partner Portal for SAP Cloud for Customer
The new partner portal for SAP Cloud for Customer supports channel managers to create a web-based site for partners to easily access intuitive self-services. The solution offers out of the box content and services from self-registration as a new partner to managing marketing leads, sales opportunities or customer appointments. Check out the solution details on SCN and in SAP Cloud for Customer documentation.
SAP Enterprise Portal News
SAP Portal features on SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SPS11 and 7.31 SPS16
Learn about the new end user and administration features developed in the latest Enterprise Portal support package for SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SPS11 and 7.31 SPS16. The features support mainly the integration of SAP Fiori launchpad into Enterprise Portal. Read also this blog focusing on the administration features for SAP Fiori launchpad on Enterprise Portal.
Watch this product demo on SAP Fiori launchpad on SAP EP:
And a movie on the administration experience:
There are three additional blogs describing some of the new features:
- How to integrate SAP Fiori launchpad on Enterprise Portal into SAP NetWeaver Business Client for Desktop
- Ajax Framework page standards mode with SAP Blue Crystal theme and Fiori user experience
- Developing SAP Fiori and SAPUI5 Applications with SAP Web IDE and Running Them in the SAP Fiori Launchpad on Portal
More Enterprise Portal blogs from our experts
I also recommend the following blogs
- How to integrate SAP Mobile documents into Enterprise Portal
- How to get an HTML5 based login page for SAP Enterprise Portal
HANA Cloud Portal Developer Challenge
We would like to invite you to participate in the Cloud Portal developer challenge 2015 and demonstrate your developer excellence and leverage the capabilities of the trial developer environment of HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal. We ask you to develop SAPUI5 business applications simply and intuitively with HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal and:
• publish them to a Cloud Portal site or
• create a SAP Fiori launchpad site and publish your business applications to the Fiori launchpad
What is in for you? All participants of the challenge will receive a SAP HANA Cloud Portal Developer Award of Excellence. Get familiar with this new challenge and participate, we are looking forward to your contributions!
Blogs from the Community
In the first part of the „Portal on smartwatch“ blog series our partner company BTEXX demonstrated the BTEXX mobilePortal prototype for the Pebble smartwatch. Now as the Apple Watch is released in many countries BTEXX wants to share some information on their Apple Watch prototype.