Going to SAP TechEd 2015 in Vegas or Barcelona? Get Your Badge On!
Are you going to SAP TechEd this year? Registration for Las Vegas is now open, and Barcelona will be here before you know it. There is an easy way to connect with other SCN members while you are there. When you register, just include your SCN ID in the registration form and you’ll be eligible for the I’ll Be There badge. (Your SCN ID is not your user name or email address here’s how you find your SCN ID.)
Then look for other members who have the badge so you can make plans to connect before, during or after the event. Participating in this mission is a fun way to fuel face-to-face connections with other SCN members you’ve been engaging with online. If you’re already following each other, you can DM (direct message) each other and set up a meeting time and location.
If someone has the badge on their profile, you can see which location they’re registered for by hovering over the badge. You may even notice some folks, like speakers and SCN team members, have more than one badge because they’re going to more than one SAP TechEd location.
NOTE: We award these badges on a weekly basis, not immediately, so it might take a few days before you see one on your profile. And although we are starting with badges for Las Vegas attendees first, we will award badges for SAP TechEd Barcelona once registration for that location opens, so please enter your SCN ID no matter which location(s) you plan to attend.
The field is on the Personal Information screen of the registration process.
If you’re already registered, don’t worry, you can still add your SCN ID to your registration. Here’s how!
- Find your registration confirmation email (sender should be SAP TechEd 2015 and the subject should be SAP TechEd 2015 <location> Registration Confirmation) and note your confirmation number.
- Go to Access My Registration and enter that confirmation number and password to log in.
The Access My Registration Record screen appears.
- Select Edit your Personal Information.
- On the Personal Information screen, scroll down past the mobile number and email address and Twitter handle input fields, until you get to the section titled “SAP Community Network (SCN) ID.”
- Enter your SCN ID in the input field.
(This is an I-, D-, C-, S-, or P-number. Here’s how to find your SCN ID.)
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
Your changes are saved, and the next time we do an upload of the “I’ll Be There” badge for your location, your badge will appear on your SCN profile Bio tab.