Pricing can be maintained in C4C although, most common scenario is to have them stored on ERP system. Having real-time pricing on the Opportunities, recovered from ERP, is a typical scenario. This is performed by doing a synchronous call to recover pricing from pricing conditions stored on ERP side.
I am currently working on an Integration project where we are connecting C4C with ERP through PO and, it is being difficult to gather the required information for setting the complete process. There are plenty of great documents for pricing related to Sales Quotes but, the way it is customized is different to Opportunity pricing.
In case you have access to C4C50 flipbook through Learning Hub, you will learn how to setup these External Pricing but through HCI and not through PI/PO so, hope this blog will fill this missing scenario; that’s the reason why I have decided to write it. (This document is being written based on version 1505.)
STEP 1: C4C Configuration
It is required to configure a few things on Cloud for Customer (C4C) side:
a) When doing Scoping, adjust the required elements in order to activate this function; include in your scope the questions “Do you want to use your SAP ERP solution to calculate prices for opportunity items in your cloud solution?”. You will find it under:
- Communication and Information Exchange
- Integration with External Applications and Solutions
- Integration with SAP ERP
b) In C4C, Create the communication arrangement for the real-time opportunity pricing. The communication arrangement is called Opportunity with Sales Order Pricing in ERP.
c) Check C4C Price Lists under Products >> Price Lists. Create a new price list and assign desired products. Also, it is possible not to have prices on C4C side and directly handle them from ERP. (this is my current Business Scenario)
STEP 2: ERP Configuration
Here it is required to configure the Pricing web service through SOAMANAGER transaction:
WebService name is “SalesOrderPricingInformationQu”. This should have been leveraged automatically when following standard Integration Guide provided by SAP on its Marketplace so no steps to be done here.
Also, it is required to check that Pricing Conditions exist in ERP.
STEP 3: PI/PO Configuration
Ideally, this task should be handled by someone with understanding on PI/PO. Starting from a template, communication channels should be created (or added) and then, SOAP adapter should be configured.
In our case, it happened that templates had an older version of adapters so communication channels were created manually in order to point to latest adapter version.
STEP 4: Quick test!
Once previous Steps are done, we are ready to conduct a quick test:
1. Once in C4C, navigate to “Sales” workcenter and then, into “Opportunities”:
2. Create a new Opportunity. It is important to know that, before doing so, it is required to personalize the screen in order to add Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, Division and, Sales Unit as Materials should be assigned to them.
3. After having added the requested fields, proceed to create a new Opportunity and also, complete the organizational data (on the previously added fields). Let me highlight once again, if you do not enter Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, Division and, Sales Unit, you won’t get the “Request Pricing” action enabled.
4. Click into Products section and Add a new Product. Once added, you will be shown with the list of all the added Products so, there, you should click on actions (grey wheel) and select “Request Pricing”.
Hope this blog helps you avoid several headaches!