SAP Web IDE Layout Editor (WYSIWYG or Drag&Drop) available for productive use
We are pleased to announce the release of SAP Web IDE Layout Editor with version 1.12 on the trial and for productive usage (with a limited scope, see limitations below).
The layout editor is a tool to build and edit SAPUI5 views using Drag&Drop without the need to write code.
This release includes new features, usability enhancements, and resolution of known issues.
Main scenarios supported with this release:
- Application from Template – Editing SAPUI5 views generated by SAP WebIDE templates.(see here)
- Extending an application – Editing extended views of an out–of–the–box SAP Fiori application.
New and improved features:
- Improved Drag&Drop usability.
- Improved Data Binding to OData services.
- Improved property pane usability.
- Supports editing of extended or replaced views.
- Supports editing fragment files.
- Supports displaying embedded fragments in SAPUI5 views.
Resolved known issues:
- Comments, extension points,and fragments are now preserved in the XML code.
- Fragments can now be edited in the layout editor.
- The layout editor works only with Chrome browser.
- Not all SAPUI5 controls are supported in the layout editor. The unsupported controls can be viewed in
the layout editor but can only be edited in the XML editor.
- Opening a view with the layout editor will clear the file’s undo history from the XML.
- XML views in projects without an index.html file can fail to open in the layout editor.
Check our documentation for more information.