Integrating Visual Composer Model with UWL
SAP EP 7.31 SP9, ERP 6 EHP4.
You have a workflow, for instance a basis workflow defined in SAP ERP 6 backend.
This workflow triggers work item creation.
SAP EP is set up and Universal Work List (UWL) is connected to the backend system.
Workflow work items appear in UWL as tasks.
You want to trigger a Visual Composer model to handle the UWL task instead of launching a HTML SAP Gui windows.
This blog will be split in several parts:
- Visual Composer Model Integrating Visual Composer Model with UWL Part 1/3
- SAP ERP 6 (or other backend) set up
- SAP EP Page linked to VC model
- UWL Configuration Integrating Visual Composer Model with UWL Part 3/3
- Other references and remarks Integrating Visual Composer Model with UWL Part 3/3
SAP ERP 6 (or other backend) set up
In the backend system a workflow need to be set up in order to generate work items.
In my case, Business Object BUS2078 for QM notification, and QMSM for task are used. I did adapt a standard workflow (WS00200063).
Transaction SWDD to display the workflow.
The task :
If you trigger SAP GUI from UWL the EDIT method of Business Object QMSM is then triggered.
SAP EP Page linked to VC model
VC model can be retrieve in Content Administration, Web Dynpro Java Applications
The page, Web Dynpro type:
The page position needs to be noticed as it will be used in the UWL configuration.