The retail world is changing by the minute. The days of brands pushing products to consumers are long gone. The power has shifted to the consumer. Consumers are well informed, digitally and socially connected, less loyal, and demand fast answers, regardless of the channel they shop.
Many retailers still struggle with outdated legacy systems, with information scattered across systems in different pockets of the organization. This creates a fragmented view of the customer and their shopping journey. To lift loyalty and increase buys across their channels, these retailers must adapt quickly and create a single, Omnichannel view of the customer journey. Retailers need to be able to know what is happening right now, as well as predict what may happen in the near future, so that the right product is at the right place at the right time, and at the right price.
SAP Customer Activity Repository (CAR) collects transaction data that was previously spread over multiple independent applications in diverse formats. Retailers no longer need to pre-aggregate data and send out information to data warehouses. With SAP Hana as the foundation, all of the data resides at the lowest, granular level. With “out of the box” virtual data models, the retailer’s analysts can then start easily building, in minutes, the reports that used to take weeks to build. Insight is available more quickly and flexibly, from one common data repository. Other retail applications including SAP Promotions Management, SAP Assortment Planning, and hybris Marketing Segmentation can all leverage the data that aggregates within CAR to analyze current data and predict future results, always staying one step ahead.
Now at version 2.0, CAR is on every retailer’s radar. Along with our partners and SAP colleagues, retailers want to get their hands on CAR, to play around with it and get a feel for what its’ capabilities are. Thus, there is a need to engage quickly, to show analytics, and to allow customers the ability to “take SAP CAR out for a spin.”
The NEW SAP Customer Activity Repository Cloud Trial is available in the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC). You can register for a 30 day free trial, providing access to retail applications that leverage SAP Customer Activity Repository. If you want to ‘test drive’ CAR, this is the place to do it!
Check out the cool introductory video!
- SAP Fiori Launchpad: An beautiful SAP Fiori-based landing page, where all applications, documentation, and training videos can be accessed from
- SAP Sales Insight for Retail: Go in depth, with tools that allow for analytics such as Affinity and basket analysis
- Sample Consumer Mobile App
- SAP Fiori Multichannel KPI analysis: Easy to use, key business KPI’s tiles that include Net Sales, Gross margin Number of Transactions, Average Transaction Value, and Items per transaction that users can drill down on to view sales and inventory details by channel, category, and item.
- SAP Lumira: a clean user experience, showcasing promotions, intra-day and weekday patterns, net sales, gross margins, and more.
- hybris Marketing Customer Segmentation: This module leverages the omnichannel purchase history data and allows users to analyze the intersection of customers’ demographics with their purchasing habits. Users can use intuitive decision trees to zoom in on customers by region, age, loyalty status, gender, transaction history and much more.
Registration is easy, and can be done by anybody with a web browser in less than 2 minutes.
- Go to CAR CLOUD TRIAL , scroll down on the page and click ’GET IT’
Fill out the form. The login credentials and trial link will be sent to you via email. It’s that simple! For any questions related to CAR in general or the trial,feel free to contact SAP Retail at firstname.lastname@example.org