SAP Self-Service for Utilities (SAP SSU) 1.0 mobile app for Android and Apple is now available
We are excited to announce the release of our new consumer self-service mobile app called SAP Self-Service for Utilities (SAP SSU) to Google Play and Apple iTunes.
SAP Self-Service for Utilities mobile app helps utility consumers manage all aspects of their utility accounts and view important information from the utility company anywhere and anytime. This app allows utility consumers to access and change their utility account information and report service issues using their smartphones or tablets.
Key features include:
- Viewing bills, making payments, subscribing to payment plans, and setting up automatic payments,
- Managing customer details such as contact information, communication preferences, preferred language, and more
- Starting, stopping, or moving utility services and switching products
- Viewing consumption amounts and entering and viewing meter readings
- Reporting service problems, inquiring about a bill, or sending a message to the utility company to address other issues
- Viewing outage information on a map or reporting a new outage
- Receiving important alerts and notifications from the utility company
We encourage you to download the app on your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet (download links given below) and explore its functionality by using the ‘Demo’ feature. The demo feature allows you to run the app using sample data without requiring a connection to the back end system.
SAP SSU requires the SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities and Public Sector for productive use. This new mobile app is available in addition to the desktop Web UI and the responsive Web UI delivered with SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities and Public Sector.
As part of the implementation, a utility company would first need to install and set up the back end system integration add-ons that are delivered with SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities and Public Sector. Once this prerequisite is fulfilled, the utility can make a branded version of the SAP SSU mobile app available on the Apple and Android app stores for its consumers. The standard app delivered by us leverages the SAP Mobile Platform for the push notifications.
Documentation can be found here http://help.sap.com/sap_umc_ssu100/