SAP Enterprise Support – much more than incident processing
What are your options when it comes to managing and supporting your SAP Analytics solutions? There are some no-cost (or no-additional-cost) options through your SAP Enterprise Support investment.
You can use a SAP support incident, or SCN.
Are you missing something?
Do you really know what Enterprise Support is? If you think it only pays for software updates and allows you to log a support incident you are missing a lot.
SAP Enterprise Support is about empowerment – YES, how-to & consulting-like questions
- Regularly scheduled 3-5 day virtual training sessions
- Meet-The-Expert sessions on a wide array topics – there’s a nice library for Analytics/BI
- 2-4 day remote services to address performance issues, support implementations & upgrades, or generally assess the health of your deployment
Of course, we continue to guide customers to documentation and best practice materials through incident processing. You should expect some change in behavior from SAP Support though on this one. Increasingly we will be guiding customers to another SAP Support entity for the “how-to” or “consulting-like” questions.
1) Incident processing is not the place for this. This arm of SAP support is not intended to address these types of questions.
2) Answering these types of questions is not scalable because a customer incident is not viewable by all.
3) There is a group in SAP Enterprise Support that is intended to help customers with these types of questions.
Enter the SAP Enterprise Support Value Map for Analytics Jam site.
We have a pretty impressive library of offerings for Analytics. I can say this because I’ve been leading the development of the SAP Enterprise Support portfolio for Analytics for almost 5 years – right about the time SAP acquired BusinessObjects. As a legacy BusinessObjects employee I can safely say we had close to nothing at the time of acquisition. So the 65-70 different titles available today is impressive to some degree but I’m not one of those people at SAP that believes what we have is perfect and beautiful. Actually I’m sure we have some clean up to do – but I’d like do so with customer feedback.
We have a team of about 12 people covering all times across the globe to help guide customers to offerings that are relevant for their needs. They are specific to particular product areas with the Analytics product line. We also have another 12-15 of our top technical minds covering the needs of the site. If an offering does not address the problem. They engage to help. We identify if another offering should be created – based on customer feedback and need.
Enter the SAP Enterprise Support customer.
What we need is you. The Enterprise Support customer to join the Jam. Help us grow. Share your experiences. The result will be an improvement in offerings that support you. Consider this an investment in your annual maintenance.
Join today at this URL: Value Maps | SAP Support Portal
Global Topic Owner – Enterprise Support Value Map for Analytics