In the previous part 1 blog I described the different filtering attributes which are currently available for the newly launched KPI Catalog in the cloud at
(SAP Service Marketplace login required)
In this blog I want to mention some other features that are part of the catalog.
Full text search
So instead of starting with some filters on different attributes you can also just perform some full text search. In the screenshot above you can see the search for 2 terms ‘delivery’ and ‘billing’. The search engine will then search according to the following priority:
- The best search results are those where the search strings can be found in our key figur name itself
- The 2nd best results are those where the search strings could be found in the text below the key figure name
- The 3rd best results are those where the search strings could be found in the definition text in the detailed section (not shown in this screenshot, this will be handled further down in this blog)
The search is a fuzzy search, so also slight deviations from your search terms ‘deliveries’ instead of ‘delivery’ or typos like ‘delviery’ should be found accordingly. Once you see your search results, then all the filter attributes are adjusted according the limited set of findings.
Probably it is self-understood for yourself, but besides the full text search and the single filtering, it is of course also possible to set multiple filters, e.g. filtering on all key figures which are ‘backlog’ key figures in ‘ERP’ and belong to ‘sales’. If you then click on some key figure of interest, then you get to see some additional details.
If you click on one search result, then you see all the assigned properties/attributes and you still see the (business) text description of the key figure on the next page. This text shall give you an idea what business problem can be realted to the measurement and some key figures even mention a possible business risk/impact.
The details definition section provides a more technical text description (priority 3 for the full text search mentioned above). This text should roughly describe (on table and field basis) the logic of the underlying data collection.
This last detail section describes the technical details, which output fields you can expect in the result list of the data collection (‘Fieldlist’) and which input parameters are available (‘Filters’) during the design time when you want to schedule/start the data collection.
If you have further questions, remarks or suggestions then please post them as remarks in this blog or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find all necessary information about Business Process Analytics in this document. More information on Business Process Improvement for SAP solutions can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions about Business Process Monitoring and Business Process Analytics are answered under http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Monitoring and
The following blogs (in chronological order) provide further details about Business Process Analytics and Business Process Monitoring functionalities within the SAP Solution Manager.
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – ALE / IDoc Monitoring
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – qRFC Monitoring
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Manufacturing
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Procure to Pay
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Order to Cash
- Typical Use Cases for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- New key figure catalog for Business Process Monitoring available
- Why SAP offers different tools for Business Process Monitoring & Business Process Optimization
- Create your own auto-reaction messages in Business Process Monitoring via BAdI exit
- Protect your SAP ERP investment & improve your core business processes
- Create your own customer-specific key figure for Business Process Monitoring within 5 minutes
- Best Practice: BW Process Chain monitoring with SAP Solution Manager – Part 1
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially for CRM Marketing
- New functionality “Business Process Analytics” – how to improve your business processes
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially Lead Time measurements
- Traditional Business KPI approach vs Business Process Monitoring
- Systematic errors vs real exceptions or improving efficiency vs effectiveness
- Before you get started with SAP HANA…you should also consider cleaning-up your backend system first
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for CRM Sales
- Business Process Operations dashboards – ALL AT A GLANCE
- Customer testimonials on Business Process Analytics
- Customer Exit: Create your own key figure for BPMon AND Business Process Analytics
- Heads-up: Setup environment of BPMon & Analytics changes with SolMan 7.1 SP5
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics, especially for working capital improvement
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – BPMon Alert Reporting Analysis
- New Business Process Analytics features with SAP SolMan 7.1 SP5
- New Business Process Analytics – The filter sequence makes the difference
- New key figures: Analyzing/Monitoring exceptions during delivery due processing
- New key figure: Analyzing/Monitoring exceptions during billing due processing
- Enhanced key figures: Analyzing/monitoring SD invoices not transferred to FI
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions in CRM Sales or Service documents, Business Activities or Tasks
- New keyfigures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions from APO planning runs
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics – new exception and automation rate key figures for ERP plus new content for FSCM, APO and CRM
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions during Period End Closing
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions in Controlling (CO-PC)
- Enhanced key figures: Bridging the organizational gap between SD and FI-AR
- Business Process Analytics: Types of key figures and their respective use cases
- Business Process Analytics: Types of functions and their respective features & purposes
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics – new content for Travel & Expense Management, Banking and Utilities
- SAP Business Process Analytics” available for download in Apple’s App Store
- Discrete manufacturing: Mapping BP Analytics key figures to system status
- New key figures for BPMon & Analytics – new content for vendor invoice processing (e.g. Shared Service Center scenarios) and new delta throughput for Order to Cash
- Business Process Analytics: ad-hoc and real time with or without SAP HANA
- New landing page for “Business Process Improvement for SAP solutions”
- New KPI Catalog available in the cloud – Part 1