This is part of the Key to Success for Digital Transformation blog series highlighting key to success in digital transformation and on how companies are not only driving efficiencies in the internal & external business processes but also taking advantage of opportunities presented to differentiate from competitors.
In this blog, we will walk through some of the customer examples and how SAP has helped them in their transformation journey.
Lexmark transformed its business from selling printers to Managed Print Service business (read more), offering pay per use models using SAP hybris billing (see the SAPPHIRE session on how the monetization of services have been realized).
Other areas that SAP has been co-innovating and rethinking the core processes such as
- Marketing – by engaging customer, delighting them and cultivating brand relationship for marketing to an audience of one– see how SAP’s hybris marketing suite addresses this space
- Service – by adding augmented reality to bring another dimension to the work-life. See how SAP Augmented Reality can uses visual 3D models, voice recognition, and gesture control while on the job
- Manufacturing – Manufacturing companies are actively addressing Industry 4.0 initiative and automating the production process. SAP Connected Manufacturing is helping the companies to connect the top floor to the shop floor to gain end-to-end visibility across your entire production process, connect production to your core business processes and build responsive manufacturing to meet customer needs
- Finance and other processes in SAP S/4HANA, next generation suite of applications that have reimagine business process in an increasingly complex world
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform for the Internet of Things (IoT) is helping customers to connect the core of their business to the edge of the network to gain operational efficiencies and drive the creation of new revenue models, products and services. SAP has partnered with Siemens to simplify path to the Internet of Things for industrial customers (see press release)
It is therefore critical to rethink the business process. You have chance to work through the business process that makes sense in the new world and eliminate redundancy & enable automation, decision making wherever possible. Imagine future state without any constraints for each process can effectively shorten the process from days to minutes (if not seconds).