SAP Fraud Management 1.1 SP6 – Embed and Access Network Analysis Externally
One of the main components of a Fraud Management Investigation is utilising the Social Network Analysis (SNA), within the SAP Fraud Management User Interface.
This feature provides a quick visual of the networks that have been associated to the node that we are detecting on – and displaying defined edges and other associated nodes.
In SAP ERP, the strong capability of Business Partners also replicates this functionality – but at a tabular format.
In a recent piece of work, we integrated a live connection from SAP ERP Business Partners records into a graphical Social Network Analysis, providing a graphical display of the configured Business Partners.
This provides a strong visualisation display functionality (realtime) to show the Business Partners relationships graphically.
Depending on the Type of Business Partner, this can also show the relavent image to depict the type of node and relationship.
The steps to do this was as follows;
1. Configure System Landscape Transformation (SLT) to synchronize the data from the external SAP ERP to the HANA Database.
There are 10 tables related to Business Partners that need to be syncronised into the Fraud Management. In our scenario the ERP and the Fraud Management were on different instances – hence the need for SLT.
2. Install / Create a set of HANA views over the Business Partner Tables.
In our release the Business Partner HANA Live views was limited, so I extended these views to cater for the nodes (Entities) and the Relationships (Edges). Typically the nodes are: Business Partners, Companies, Partnerships, Tax Advisors, Adult, Child etc. The typical edges are the relationship types, with some examples being; Shareholder, Director, Owner, Parent, etc.
3. Create the associated views in HANA for each of the edges and nodes. As an example for the nodes;
Within Fraud Management, create the appropriate Social Network Analysis Links:
Similiarly create edges within the SNA configuration tool.
4. With the release of SP6 of Fraud Management, the Social Network Analysis tool can called externally (ensuring that the Network Analysis is configured in the Launchpad). The Social Network Analysis View can be called directly at:
5. Additionally to this, we also configured the link to be called directly from the ERP, allowing the Business Users to provide a graphical display of the Network Analysis directly from the ERP.
I’ll try to write this up as a seperate blog if there is a demand for it. Code on this can be provided on request.
Hope this helps any company who has this similiar requirements.