Dear IoT Community,
We are pleased to announce the availability of he SAP Connected Manufacturing rapid-deployment solution on June 8, 2015. The combined software and services best practices approach significantly lowers implementation time and effort. Your customer can now Launch the Future of Industry 4.0 with SAP Connected Manufacturing rapid-deployment solution!
Why is Industry 4.0 a game changer?
Manufacturing in the digital world requires a new approach how to run the shop floor. The central Internet of things (IoT) keyword is Connectivity.
- Connecting machines (Operations Technology) and IT (Information Technology)
- Re-invent agility and flexibility in manufacturing processes (Batch size of One)
- Using IT intelligence to empower production workers
- Introduce smart products carrying information from design to recycling
- Increasing responsiveness to qualify companies and maximize business results in a new digital world
SAP Connected Manufacturing rapid-deployment solution V1.150 – Implement in as little as 13 weeks
The rapid-deployment approach with SAP Connected Manufacturing RDS supports maximizing business results and optimizing production through implementing integration from ERP enterprise level to manufacturing execution.
The rapid-deployment solution includes two scope options:
- The process for Discrete Manufacturing is an example for the Industry 4.0 key capabilities using the main scenarios of the underlying rapid-deployment solutions. It supports the core execution processes e.g. WIP management, traceability, non-conformance, inventory management, embedded SAP Visual Enterprise viewer and machine integration facilitated by SAP Plant Connectivity.
- The scenario for Process Industry describes the manufacturing of bulk products in an integrated business scenario using SAP ERP/PLM and SAP MII. The result is the coating for the assembly line coating process. Leveraging the SAP MII development infrastructure and prebuilt, standard-compliant integration to SAP ERP and shop floor systems, the batch manufacturing with SAP MII templates, integrate and synchronize manufacturing enterprise, operations, and device data.
Key features and benefits are:
- Real-time “lot size of one” production in high-volume production scenarios for addressing individual customer requirements
- Integration of top floor to the shop floor (and vice versa) to minimize disruption including machine integration into production cycle
- Simplify and minimize manual interaction
- Allow data capture from the source
- Enabling discrete and process manufacturing
- Product visualization to ease assembly control
- Gain new insights into the shop floor based on trends and prediction with HANA capabilities
- Relevant Customer Segment: SAP Installed Base, dormant accounts, Net New
- Market Segment Scope: Customers running ERP using PP, MM, PM, QM, SAP ME. Package can be run globally. RDS available in English.
- Target Industries: All Discrete and Process Manufacturing industries (e.g. A&D, Automotive, Chemicals, Consumer Products, High Tech, IM&C, Life Science, Mill, Mining)
Q2-2015 availability of SAP Connected Manufacturing RDS
Q4-2015 availability as pre-assembled RDS in the Cloud Appliance Library (CAL)
Planned for 2016 SAP Connected Manufacturing RDS for S/4 HANA
Enjoy the video on YouTube where the underlying case is described in detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Auifovjcc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
RDS service: 50128733 in SAP Services Catalog: https://https://serviceportfolio.wdf.sap.corp/b2b_spm/z/mp/deeplink/categorieInPath.do?key=0/0000000000
Find out more details on SAP Service Marketplace: https://service.sap.com/rds-cm-sf
RDS Customer Presentation_CM: https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100002989712015E/Customer_Presentation_CM.ppt
RDS Sales Supplement_CM (1-pager): https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100002989722015E/Sales_Supplement_CM.ppt
Contact package owner: Bernd Haberscheidt
How to unleash Big Data added value
The integration to the SAP HANA Big Data Intelligence rapid-deployment solution provides a platform for the real-time analysis, aggregation and visualization of high volumes robot data of the above scenarios.
- SAP HANA Big Data Intelligence rapid-deployment solution enables your business to leverage semantic (unstructured), event stream and signal intelligence scenarios
- The solution provides predefined configuration and integration content for your choice of cloud, on-premise or hybrid deployments
- Add Big Data intelligence to optimize outcome and resources from shop floor to top floor
- Leverage a holistic and integrated big data platform
- Monitor machine-to-machine communication and drive appropriate responses, such as repair and maintenance operations
Find more information here: http://service.sap.com/rds-bdi
Contact: Sreedhar Muthuramalingam, Jörg Wolf
With best regards,
Dr. Elisabeth Muchowski, PMP
Rollout Lead Packaged Solutions & Services
Scale, Enablement and Transformation