Video lesson number-3: How to create outputs and actions on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
In this lesson Rob Case shows how to create outputs and actions on SAP HANA Rules Framework…
The outputs and the actions are maintained in the vocabulary by developer \ consultant \ implementer:
- An output describes the set of available parameters to be returned as a part of the rule determination process. Similar to an action, an output can declare its inputs based on a rule expression language expression and the required parameters to be provided by the business user, including the name, datatype (including size) and business datatype (e.g. datatype in HRF).
- Actions are the measures to be taken when a rule’s conditions are met. An action references a runtime executable code, based on an XSJS library type (currently stored procedure is not supported). The action can declare required parameters provided by the business user, or internal parameters that are extracted from the data model based on an expression using the rule expression language. Here are some examples for actions:
- Send message to pricing system to get price of item A.
- Create message “Congratulations Mr. Bruce! You got the best score in level 9 in Australia! You can buy item A for the special price of 9.99 AUD.”
- Send the message via HTTP with decision values, for example: player name, player gender, player level, player location.
Here is the link for the video of lesson number-2 which is a prerequisite for this lesson, and here is the link for video lesson number-3.
In the next video lesson – Rob is going to show how to create Vocabulary dependencies…
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.