Providing corporate content to end users with SAP Fiori Launchpad on Enterprise Portal
The new SAP Fiori launchpad design for SAP Enterprise Portal offers an intuitive modern Fiori UI to portal users. Though it can be used to launch all types of iViews, it still seems especially suited for application portals providing a centralized access to applications from various backend systems. So, how can you best share unstructured corporate content like guidelines, process documents, product information, and others?
I think that the way that best fits the SAP Fiori launchpad look and feel is using SAP Mobile Documents.
I just published a detailed blog on how to setup and configure SAP Mobile Documents for usage with SAP Fiori launchpad running on SAP Enterprise Portal. There is just one step that is somehow missing in this blog: How to connect to KM repositories with Corporate content. So, let’s just assume that Mobile Documents and Fiori launchpad (FLP) on EP have been set up, but you now would like to give all users (read) access to some unstructured content, e.g. corporate policies.
In this example, let’s assume you would like to store those documents in the Portal Knowledge Management. Of course, you could also use other CMIS-compatible document repositories like a file share or a Microsoft SharePoint server, but since you are running SAP Enterprise Portal, KM might be a natural choice. Now, the first decision is whether you want to create a completely new repository in SAP KM Administration or just store your content in one subfolder of an existing repository.
To create a new repository:
In your portal, go to System Administration > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Content Management > Repository Managers > CM Repository. Click Create to create a new CM repository. Here is an example how to fill in the form:
Click OK to save and activate the repository. Make sure that the file system folder that you entered for storing already exists on your server, otherwise the repository won’t show up in your Knowledge Management area.
To assign the new repository as a Corporate Repository in SAP Mobile Documents, open the admin interface of Mobile Documents.
- Enter https://<your server>:<your port>/mcm/admin into your browser, preferably Chrome.
- Navigate to Repositories > Corporate Content.
- Click Create.
- In the pop-up window, make the relevant settings for your new repository, e.g.
- Connection: Local_KM
- Repository: Select a KM repository from the list, e.g the one that you created before or re-use an existing one.
- Display Name: Enter the name that should show up in SAP Mobile Documents
- Description: If you want, enter a description
- Pushed Content: Check if the repository contains pushed content that is automatically downloaded to the users’ devices.
- Restricted To: Enter a role or semicolon-separated list of roles from SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Only users with one of those roles can see the content of the Corporate Repository.
- Root URI: Start folder in the repository (after the repository name), e.g. use /Guidelines for KM folder /documents/Guidelines.
- Document Classification: Select a predefined classification for all documents in the repository.
- Click Save.
Now you can see the new repository in your SAP Mobile Documents tile in SAP Fiori launchpad.