I just found something that looked strange to me but after the right hint from an expert it turned out to be a feature, not a bug 😉
I want to share this with you so that you don’t start struggling the same way I did.
To get a better understanding of that “.geosjon” files used to render the shape-layers in Design Studio 1.5 I used http://geojson.io to create my first map. To make it easy I created a map seperating the world in 3 regions using the polygon feature. I added a attribute “BI” and mapped values to it that we have in our system.
Then I started Design Studio, created an application with a map component and uploaded the geojson file and did all settings required.
When I run the application the map looked like that…
Not what I expected 🙂 So lets come to the solution and clarify what happened.
When you create a map manually like I did you have to be careful in which order you click the points of your polygons.
==> clicking them clockwise > generates an included selection
==> clicking them counterclockwise > generates an excluded selection (this is what I did)
So keep that in mind when you create your maps and enjoy the new map component.
All the best