This blog is to provide information, how to install Eclipse LUNA. If you wish to use Eclipse Kepler, follow instructions provided on website of Kepler Eclipse.
- Information about Eclipse Development Tools for ABAP is available at https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#abap
- Open the link above and click on Eclipse Luna
- Choose correct Version to download. My system is Windows 7, 64 Bit, however still on my system I can use Windows 32-bit software of Eclipse. Before installation make sure you have latest version of Java, information about required java version can be checked in the readme folder of your downloaded zip file..
- Once you download the correct version & extract the ZIP file, click on Eclipse.EXE
- Choose a place on your system, where you would like to store Eclipse Projects and Hit Next to see the following screen.
- Click on ADD in screen below, after putting URL for https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna
- Provide a Name to the repository
- Select ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver and click Next
- Click Next
- Accept the Agreement and Click Finish.
- Installation begins and at end we get following screen
- You will get eclipse installed, now you are good to play around .
- In SAP GUI make the following settings for the system you plan to use for Eclipse
- Follow the steps below to create a project and write a small program
Provide Login information for that particular system
It might give following popup, hit Yes.
Right click on the project to create a new ABAP Program
Provide the Program Name and Package and that’s it you are good to go.
You may asked to provide a developer key, if you are not registered as a developer in this system.
Write your program and activate using Ctrl+F3
Additional Blogs which provide more details http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/eclipse/blog/2012/07/16/installing-abap-in-eclipse
Disclaimer : All information is based on personal experience of Author and using or installing software on your system/s, should follow the SAP and Eclipse User Agreements / License Agreements at your own risk. Author does not accept any responsibility of any system issues etc that may arise after installation of Eclipse Luna. Author does accept responsibility or liability of whatsoever it may be of using this information.