The error “The product key is not valid. INS00140” is sometimes produced on Unix/Linux platforms during the installation of BO products and it is most likely to be due to a missing library/libraries.
First you need to make sure that the used key is actually valid, then follow these troubleshooting steps to find out what exact libraries or their dependencies that are missing:
(NB: if in doubt about the license key validity, use Temporary License Key, this is perpahs more relevent to BI platform, as IPS uses an embeded key but the latter can also be tested with the temp key).
- cd “/<Install_media_location> /IPS/DATA_UNITS/IPS_lnx/dunit/product.minibip-4.0-core-32/actions/” This path is for IPS 4.1, but BI, DS and IS should have other path for their own license program.
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This sets the environment variable for the libraries required for the key validation and ‘pwd’ is meant for the path in step 1 above.
- ldd ./isKeycodeValid. This command will list all the libraries required for this execution.
- Run ./isKeycodeValid” -keycode XXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXX-XX -version 140 -property BOE.EnableBO. This validates any key for IPS and you would expect to an error poiting to a missing library.
- When getting an error in step 4 make a note of the library.
- Run commad ldd <missing_library_name> to print the shared library dependencies
- If you know that the libraries and their dependencies, actually exist in a specific location, then you need to update the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH with their path before you can perform the install.
- Once you identify the missing libraries from the system ie. libstdc++XXXX, try to find out the package name in Linux which includes them (ask system admin or Google for the rpm name) and install it. It would most likely be a missing 32 bit libraries in a 64bit system.
If a similar error is encountered in DS:
- Navigate to the LicenseManager path
- ldd <Install_media_location>/dunit/product.dataservices64-4.0-core-32/actions/utilities/LicenseManager
- The result from the above step may look like this:
4. You can notice that libboeim_kd_64.so is not found
5. On this occasion this library is found on the installation media when searched for, so only the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to be added/appended.
6. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH <Install_media_location>/dunit/product.dataservices64-4.0-core-32/actions/utilities/
7. The LicenseManager/Installation would now be able to validate the key without errors.
Your comments are welcomed.