Solutions to post 2nd local currency in TRM
Treasury postings supply only one currency category by default. The document posting in T-code TBB1 or valuation T-code TPM1 in Transaction Manager does not post to 2nd local currency. Generally speaking, in TRM you will need a second valuation area with valuation currency 2nd local currency. And depending on these settings you can use the amounts in this valuation area to fill the second local currency or to post to a separate ledger in New GL.
There are two possible solutions:
- via note 1557972. This means
– setup valuation areas for every local currency (lc1 and lc2)
– switch message TPM_TRG219 to warning
– setup additional ledgers at least for postings from TRM
Then, as described in the note 1557972, the individual ledgers contain the valid information for one specific currency.
- via BAdI TPM_ACCIF_TRAC and note 1441267. This means
– setup valuation areas for every local currency
– implement the BAdI, so that other local currencies are correctly updated
– activate the soft modification from the note 1441267
This means additional ledgers are not necessary in FI. The additional valuation area fills the second local currency.