Not sure this information is already announced in other blog or discussion. If you already know how to use HANA Stored Procedures (SP) for BPC, this may not apply to you.
Let me explain how we can overcome performance issue of BPC with HANA stored procedures.
The project was for 1. 4-month rolling forecasting 2. Yearly planning 3. Long range planning 4. Operating Income Simulation by LE condition. Industy was petrochemical and the company is located in Korea.
During the design phase, the customer strongly asked to do performance tests within isolated environment with PA data, we had 1 million records as sample and performed a test by using BPC Script, ABAP, and HANA Stored Procedure. The result was below.
Let’s say 10 sec as a base line, which is BPC Script logic. ABAP got 7 and HANA SP got 1. Not that complex just assumed simple, we believe the gap would get larger in proportion of complexity of logic.
Here is how we set the link between HANA SP and SAP BPC.
1. Once you finished HANA SP, you need to add DB proxy.
– Assume you already know how to make SP, you need to make out-put parameter same as the module you created in BPC.
– In HANA studio, you need to install ABAP software, it make you enable to create DB proxy.
– Do not forget Do Synchronize and then Activation
2. Once you created DB proxy, you need to make BADI.
– Assume you already know how to manipulate BPC BADI
– Create Filter
– Create Implementation
3. Activate the BADI implementation.
4. Create LGF file in BPC Admin
You need to follow the steps above to avoid validation errors.
Except the performance benefit, you can get the advantage as follow.
1. Debug stored procedure – Whether you implement Classic or not, which means model supports single figure or not(if you implement Embedded model), you can build internal table as multi-key figure(just like PA table CE1XXXX). And you can verify the logic you built in debug mode. It is easier!!
2. All ECC tables you need, you can access from SP after getting data to DSO. – All LE events, you can design the integration between LE and FI/CO data for BPC planning. For example, you can design MRP explosion for the planning with ECC tables.
3. And I believe ANSI-SQL is more widely known and easy to maintenance.
If anybody knows another way to run HANA SP’s with SAP BPC, plese let me know. ^^;;