A compilation on all blogs to get you started into the release 1.5!
Taking a while in the release of Design Studio 1.5, I want to give you some introduction to some “bigger” features in the 1.5 release.
I will try to put more information as soon I will have more time for it. I try to start with the more complex topics first.
Today here the compilation of links for the topics which I could prepare until now.
A view on the variable un-merge scenario. Some entry points for you to get started.
Quite important feature – parallel execution of data sources. You can speed up the application, but of course there are some costs which you need to consider.
Good to know to save much code – use of property binders will allow you generic update of a component based on the data source changes.
This is about use of binding option to any data cell, also with use of custom formatting function.
Here you can learn about some new functions for the context menu.
Here you can take a quick view on the offline capabilities for story click-through download.
Check out new application templates delivered in release 1.5
This is about the logical synchronization of variables in unmerge scenario, but still logically merged.
How to leverage the Formatting Functions for advanced logic with scripts and what are the current boundaries.
Also you can refer to the blogs by …
and other SCN members
* this is a part of the Mustafa’s blogs on Design Studio Innovation Series – Welcome
and also “Learning Hub” Content
Other Areas in Short Overview
- you can look at new technical component “PDF” in order to check out the PDF export functions.
- you can also try out the new technical component “CONNECTION”. This component offers you a method “showDataSourceBrowser()” which opens a dialog for data source selection
- you can try drag&drop with new component “NAVIGATION_PANEL”
- you can try different filtering options with new component “FILTER_LINE”
- you can try the Geo Maps for geo reporting.
- you can try new bookmarking capabilities (eg. sharing between users for portable fragment bookmarks)
- and some more..
More “what’s new” in…
For all “what’s new” you should refer to the official guide, you can find them under SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.5 – SAP Help Portal Page.
Release Information (with other helpful notes)
Do you have any other topics you are interested in?