This post is describing how KBED entries are changed according to the status of production order.
– Table KBED saves capacity requirement records. Field BEDID is key field of table KBED, and also the linking field between table AFKO and KBED. And there are 6 important fields which contains scheduled capacity requirements and remaining capacity requirements for segments. Each operation of production orders has 3 segments: set up, processing and tear down.
– Field “Control Capacity Reduction” under “Capacity” tab of Work Center. Normally, “Formula-Related” is used by customers. Therefore, the calculation logic in this post is with the prerequisite of “Formula-Related” setting. You can click F1 help to see how other settings work.
1. Status CRTD
When create an production order, capacity requirement entries are created for each operation. If multiple capacity categories are assigned to the correcponding work center of the operation, e.g. 2 capacity categories, then 2 entries are created in table KBED for this operation.
- The formulas are maintained as below in Capacity view of Work Center.
Setup formula = Standard formula SAP005 = Setup * Operation Splits
Porcessing formula = Standard formula SAP006 = Machine * Operation quantity / Base qty
Teardown formula = blank
- Routing has 2 operations.
Operation 0010 has standard values as Setup = 1 Hour Processing = 1 Hour
Operation 0020 has standard values as Setup = 2 Hours Processing = 2 Hours
When create an production order with qty 10, capacity is caculated as below.
- Setup = Setup standard value(1 H) * Operation Splits(“No. of individula capacity” maintained in Capacity details, 1 this time) = 1 Hour
- Processing = Machine standard value(1 H) * Operation qty(10 PC) / Base qty(1 PC) = 10 Hours
- Setup = Setup standard value(2 H) * Operation Splits(“No. of individula capacity” maintained in Capacity details, 1 this time) = 2 Hour
- Processing = Machine standard value(2 H) * Operation qty(10 PC) / Base qty(1 PC) = 20 Hours
You can see 2 entries in table KBED for 2 operations. I will only explain the change for operation 0010. Operation 0020 is the same.
For Setup segment, the scheduled capacity requirement(KRUESOLL) and remaining capacity requirement(KRUEREST) are 1 H; For processing segment, the scheduled capacity requirement(KBEASOLL) and remaining capacity requirement(KBEAREST) are 10 H.
2. Status PCNF
When partial confirmation is executed, remaining capacity is reduced accordingly, based on the remained order qty, scheduled capacity requirement does not change. This time, partial confirmation with qty 2 is executed. For Setup segment, scheduling capacity requirement(KRUESOLL) remains same, remaining capactity requirement(KRUEREST) does not change too, because the parameters of setup formula are not related to order qty. For Processing segment, scheduling capacity requirement(KBEASOLL) remains same, remaining capacity requirement(KBEAREST) is changed to 8 hours, since remaining order qty is 8.
3. Status CNF
When final confirmation is executed, remaining capacity requirement(KRUERESR & KBEAREST) becomes ZERO, scheduled capacity requirement(KRUESOLL & KBEASOLL) does not change.
4. Status TECO
When technically close an order, capacity requirement entries are deleted.
When revoking TECO, capacity requirement entries are regenerated.
5. Status CLSD
When close an order, capacity requirement entries are deleted.