The instalation of SAP Netweaver products, in some situations, could be a little bit hard. Tier 3 instalations must be planned hard before installed.My mentor always says to me: spend 90% of the time planning and 10% of the time executing what you´ve been planned. Then, to help you on this phase, I built a RoadMap that may show to you the entire process of the instalation of SAP ECC EHP7 over Exadata and Oracle 11G.
Follow this map and your SAP ECC over Exadata will be installed in less than 32 hs.
- Save the picture on your PC and apply zoom. This map is large and zoom may turn your life easy.
- Pay attention with the hostnames, before the instalation, check hostname, hostname -s and hostname -f results.
- Always use the last SWPM;
- Be aware about kernel supported by Exadata;
- Check the availability of the exa-scan listener, ask your DBA for help;
- Always use the Preparation phase on the instalation of the database;
- Plan the users and PIDs (they are very important if you are installing on Linux servers).Use the same PID for the same users over your landscape
- In the middle of the instalation, the instalation master may show you he name of one script that must be run on the Exadata. Pay attention for that. This script will install very important services for High availability on RAC.
Here some SAP notes and links that may help you.
See you soon!
SAP Netweaver Certified
SAP Hana SUP_1 Certified