ASUG is pleased to announce the launch of an eight episode webcast series that will run from May 28, 2015 to July 9, 2015. This webcast series will feature IoT experts from SAP, SAP Partners and DSAG, will lay the foundation for our new ASUG IoT community that will support our ASUG members’ journey in this exciting area. Registration for the entire webcast series is open to both ASUG members and non-members.
The marketing hype around the Internet of Things (IoT) is deafening to a point it is almost becoming counter-productive. Yet, there is no question that IoT is going to change the way we live and work. The most visible aspect of this technology is certainly on the consumer side with wearables – one just need to look at the increasing number of devices we charge every night at home and connect to our family Wi-Fi to get a glimpse of the furious pace at which it is evolving. However, IoT is also on track to change the way enterprises are conducting business. The ubiquity of connected devices and sensors is not just going to improve the efficiency of our current business models – it is creating new opportunities. As always, with opportunities come challenges. IoT is impacting many areas, from consumer privacy to billing, to simply keeping your core enterprise applications up and running when they get hit with the overwhelming amount of data generated by connected devices.
During this webcast series, presenters will cut through the hype and dive right into how companies are already benefiting from these new technologies. We will steer the conversation from the usual focal point of these shiny new devices to explore their impact on the enterprise software landscape. We will also discuss the challenges, technical and others, that are standing in the way of your company fully embracing IoT. We will give you the opportunity to raise your questions, concerns, doubts, and get direct answers from our speakers.
All webcasts take place from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
June 23: IoT – From Vision to Value
What you’ll learn:
– IoT is it really new? You may be using IoT today and not even realize it
– What really is IoT and why you should pay attention
– How does IoT relate to big data?
– To really understand IoT you also need to understand Operational Technology (OT)
– The two worlds of IT and OT begin to combine
– Things to action – integrating IoT “sense“ with ERP and beyond “respond“
– Use cases – SAP customers using IoT in business processes today
– Expert IoT advice and guidance – learnings from the trenches and successes
– IoT opportunities and challenges – drivers to success
– Making IoT real – what you need to do to develop your IoT strategy and build landscape/architecture, OT, etc.
– Challenges, opportunities, infrastructure, making the case
By attending this webcast series you will:
– Get a well-defined map of the Internet-of-Things: Terminology, what it is, who the players are
– Explore in an interactive fashion the business opportunities but also adoption hurdles within the enterprise
– Understand the technical challenges that most IT departments will face
– Learn how to join and connect with the ASUG IoT community and discover IoT sources of information
Simon Berman, Jasper
Thomas Bianculli, Zebra Technologies Corporation
Nils Herzberg, SAP
Paul Kurchina, ASUG
Demed Lher, SAP
Michael Lynch, SAP
Anil Parekh, Accenture
David Parker, SAP
Rui Nogueira, SAP
Dave Roberts, OSIsoft
Otto Schell, DSAG (German Speaking Countries SAP Users Group)
Aaron Williams, SAP
Join us to learn how you can reimagine, transform and reinvent your business with Internet of Things in the Enterprise.
If you have any questions about this webcast series or the ASUG IoT community, please contact email@example.com.
This blog post will be updated throughout this webcast series with content from the presentations as they are delivered.
What interests you most about this topic ? Where do you see the opportunities are in the Enterprise ?