With more visitors than ever before, Sapphire 2015 once again was overwhelming. It also was the place to be for supply chain and logistics professionals, with a multitude of customer presentations, panel and microforum discussions, and demos shown both at the expert pods and in specific theater sessions. I want to give you an overview of available supply chain content from Sapphire – in the format of videos, replays, presentations, and blogs with personal impressions.
- Watch the full replayof this panel discussion with industry thought leaders on emerging demand networks, and find below more details from each of the panelists:
- Colgate-Palmolive replay and blog summary as an early adopter of the full portfolio of IBP cloud solutions. Do not miss the great video in the replay (starting at minute 3:00) that Colgate produced to demonstrate their global supply chain achievements.
“SAP is our strategic partner… What they are putting on the plate right now …
is going to be extremely valuable to us to maintain our leadership.”
Mark Vollrath, Worldwide Director Global Supply Chain Processes at Colgate Palmolive.
If you are also interested in the IT point of view, listen to this replay about the benefits of in-memory technology solutions like SAP Integrated Business Planning powered by SAP HANA.
- Blog on Nature’s Way supply chain transformation into a demand network with SAP IBP.
- Blog on Medtronic’s global multi-echelon inventory optimization.
- Video message from Hans Thalbauer about customer-centric demand networks.
“Some key reporting that we are looking at is … the full supply chain visibility … into what
we should be forecasting to reduce forecast error, and helping us with new product launches”.
Paul Townsend, BI Manager at Johnsonville Sausage.
“With SAP Demand Signal Management powered by SAP HANA, we have achieved
leading-edge analysis with more effective use of market data.”
Martin Böhm, Head of Market Intelligence & Information Management at Beiersdorf AG.
3. Read the blog on Charlotte Pipe and Foundry leveraging SAP Transportation Management 9.1 to improve its logistics operations.
“SAP Transportation Management was the best tool on the market.
We have not found anything that we can’t do.”
Roger Perala, Director Business Systems at United Sugars.
5. Finally, watch this really cool demo, on-site harbor video and read the blog: How SAP Connected Logistics helps the Hamburg Port grow, without growing (in space). Also, watch this video message from Thomas Ohnemus on the business impact of the 4th Industrial Revolution.