This was an SAP webcast last week. It was mostly a demo which are contained in videos here Official Product Tutorials – SAP Predictive Analytics, SAP Predictive Analysis and SAP InfiniteInsight
What are you really doing with Predictive Analytics? This webcast showed how to embed into any application
Figure 1: Source: SAP
We’re generating more data than we used to
Figure 2: Source: SAP
What can we do to change outcomes of a situation?
Figure 3: Source: SAP
Two worlds are combined with automated and data science in Predictive 2.x
Figure 4: Source: SAP
Figure 4 explains the steps to embed the model in an application.
Figure 5: Source: SAP
Prior to this, doing product association but missed on other things going on between product A and B and this gets into Linked Analysis
Listening and feeding data using multiple data types
Figure 6: Source: SAP
Figure 6 shows “personas” for Predictive tools. As a business analyst, I am supposed to be using the automated tools but I like the expert better (my take only).
Figure 7: Source: SAP
Figure 7 shows an application using predictive features, with real time situational awareness, allowing the ability to detect fraud earlier, using predictive throughout these steps
Other applications include the following:
- Cloud for customer integration
- Demand management using lead opportunity scoring
Create model, write a model, scores on the fly
Figure 8: Source: SAP
User experience coming by end of year in one repository
Question & Answer
Q: Question to be answered later on: Today I was looking for any official trainings on SAP PA and didn’t find. Any suggestions and/or directions where to look for if they exist? Thanks.
A: there are predictive courses in the SAP Learning Hub – training.sap.com and tutorials at sap.com/LearnBI
A: There’s a number of ‘official’ tutorials available, too: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32651
Q: Automated Analytics = InfiniteInsight, Expert Analytics = Lumira, right?
A: Automated Analytics + Expert Analytics = SAP Predictive Analytics
A: Lumira is embedded in the Expert Analytics product
Q: Can you remove the decimals from the veritcal access?
A: yes…full control over data formatting
Q: Where can we see details of the algorithm
A: There is a settings tab that shows the algorithm results that Orla has not clicked on yet. But it’s all there.
Q: Is Model Manager part of PA or separate product?
A: Yes, it used the HANA APL to embed the model in HANA
Model Manager is part of the PA suite of products. It’s licensed/included with the suite, not with Modeler standalone
Demos of Automated Analtyics Demo
Upcoming related ASUG Webcasts:
- May 28: Predictive Analytics, Big Data, and Internet of Things
- June 11: Predictive Projects and Data Mining for the Business Analyst Using the Automated Analytics Mode of SAP Predictive Analytics 2.0
- July 9: Advanced Analytics For the Non-Data Scientist
- July 21: Bridging the Business Analyst-Data Scientist Gap using SAP Lumira and SAP Predictive
- July 28: Deploying Predictive Analytics Solutions – How Lockheed Martin Space Systems Uses Predictive Analytics to Forecast Supply Chain Management Performance
- July 30: High Performance and Predictive Automation with SAP Predictive Analytics and SAP HANA
- Aug. 4: Capitalize on Advanced Analytics with SAP HANA
- Aug. 12: Advanced Personalization of Hybris with SAP Predictive Analytics
- Aug. 13: Data Center Intelligence
- Aug. 18: Predictive Analytics: Top 10 Customer Use Cases