Sometimes there are situations when we need to chagne Business partner in our financial transactions.
Such situations may arrise when:
- Initial Business partner went bunkrupt. And there is other Business partner who took over the debt.
- Initial Business partner was bought and reorginized. And there is other Business partner who took over the debt.
- Initial Business partner was wrong and we need to change him to the right Business partner
Business partner change is a part of Trade Repository Reporting (TRR) which is provided with the business function FIN_TRM_LR_FI_AN_3 “TRM, New Instruments, Accounting Enhancements, Reporting“. To activate business function read this articles – activation process is the same.
When business function activation is done and it is sucessful, you’ll find the following transactions:
SAP Menu -> Accounting -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> Money Market -> Back Office -> Tools -> …
- TRTM_CHG_PARTNER – Change Counterparty of Financial Transactions
- TRTM_CHG_PARTNER_DIS – Display Financial Transactions With Changed Counterparty
Befor start using Change counterparty functionality, we need to create Legal Basis (part of Trade Repository Reporting, but without this parameter we are not able to use functionality)
IMG -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> General Settings -> Information System -> Define Legal Basis (tr. SM30 -> TLRE_THM_SCHEME)
Start tr. TRTM_CHG_PARTNER. Enter General selections in order to choose transaction(s) you want to change. Enter New Partner and Change effective from date. Then enter legal basis and some text in External Trade ID field. Leave field “Test run” with X. Execute transaction.
Take a look at test run and if everything is alright execure productive run.
Using tr. TRTM_CHG_PARTNER_DIS “Display Financial Transactions With Changed Counterparty” you can take a look at change history
More information you can find here:
- Change Counterparties for Financial Transactions – Back Office – SAP Library
- Trade Repository Reporting (TRR) – SAP Library
Also there are some custom developments for Business partner change: