My Time Events – The New Fiori App for Clock-in/Clock-out (Fiori Wave 8)
Many customers have been asking for a Fiori app to record Clock-in/Clock-out events, especially in countries where there are extensive labor laws and regulations to track working times and breaks. With Fiori wave 8 (shipped with SAP Fiori for SAP ERP HCM 1.0 SPS01), the new app ‘My Time Events’ was delivered. This transactional app allows to record time events such as Clock-in, Clock-out, Clock-out for break, Clock-in after break.
My Time Events and the existing My Timesheet app (see New Fiori Apps for HCM) support alternative time recording processes. In many companies both processes are used, each one for a different set of employees, e.g. Clock-in/Clock-out for shop floor employees and timesheets for office workers. In My Time Events clock-in and clock-out time events are recorded independently. Then Time Evaluation will process the time events, match the corresponding in/out pairs, determine missing time events, and calculate durations. Time data recorded in My Time Events is stored in infotype 2011 (Time Events) in the backend. In contrast, My Timesheet requires to record durations (i.e. number of hours worked). My Timesheet is based on CATS (Cross Application Timesheet) in the backend and the time data is stored in infotypes 2001 (Absences) and 2002 (Attendances).
My Time Events offers the following key features
- Create time events for a specific date
- Display an overview of existing time events
- Edit or delete existing time events (if enabled)
- Display messages indicating missing or incorrect time entries
The time is defaulted to the current system time. The time event type (e.g. clock-in or clock-out) is predicted based on the user history, but can of course be overwritten by the user.
The app requires the minimum backend versions
- SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 15 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 2 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 5 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 3 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 5 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 4 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 5 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 5 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 3 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 6 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 1 or higher
- SAP enhancement package 7 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 1 or higher
Where to Find Additional Information?
Additional information is available here
- Release information note – https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361…
- Installation information – App Implementation: My Time Events – SAP Fiori for SAP ERP HCM 1.0 SPS 01 – SAP Library
You can add or hide fields in the main view and the update view