International Rectifier Corporation is a world leader in power management technology. It is now part of Infineon Technology (announcement here). IR’s analog and mixed signal ICs, advanced circuit devices, integrated power systems and components enable high performance computing and reduce energy waste from motors, the world’s single largest consumer of electricity. It is one of the leading manufacturers of computers, energy efficient appliances, lighting, automobiles, satellites, aircraft and defense systems rely on IR’s power management benchmarks to power their next generation products.
International Rectifier IT Managers – Haja Shihabudeen & Firoze Musthafa shared to a packed room in their ASUG session HT1009 at the annual conference at Oralando. They shared some of their best practice, arcchitecture key lessons learnt and return on their investment for their production order life cycle specifically focusing on split & merge process and real-time WIP tracking using SAP APO, SAP ERP, SAP PI and their manufacturing applications.
Some of the key highlights from the session
Benefits of Real-time WIP tracking
- One Version of truth – Everyone talks same language
- Supply Chain flexibility – Quick reaction to supply fluctuations
- Traceability – Ability to react immediately to customer queries or for quality control
- Finance control – material and labor cost absorption allows FI to plan on costs associated with WIP
Lessons Learnt & ROI
- Solution for split & merge of production orders was developed without modifying the core SAP offering. Standard BAPIs and BDC technology were extensively leveraged for painless subsequent upgrade that resulted in substantial savings
- Procedural cancellation of operations and reconfirmation
- Procedural components issue and re-issue
- Followed standard process in more automated way with no direct table updates
- Real time WIP information for Finance
- More automated approach which reduces manual hours
- Traceability and reporting
- Customer Satisfaction
You can find further details of the production order lifecycle and the process outlined in the session by International Rectifier at the ASUG site .
If you are interested to learn more from other High Tech Customers, please do sign up at the ASUG SIG High Tech. You can watch replays and check out presentation from the past webcast on ASUG High Tech SIG content page