What an amazing show we had last week at SAPPHIRE NOW! It was filled with great keynotes, announcements, customer stories, demos and so many more activities on the show floor.
SAP founder Hasso Plattner took the stage on the final day with a keynote around his vision of a database with a zero response time. SAP’s CTO Quentin Clark also took the stage for the 2nd part of the keynote and wrapped up with a demo around SAP HANA Cloud Platform. If you missed any of the keynotes, you can watch them all here:
- Run Simple | SAPPHIRE NOW ONLINE
- SAP Keynote:Run Simple: Reimagine the Promise at the Heart of Your Business | SAPPHIRE NOW ONLINE
- SAP Keynote:The In-Memory Revolution: How SAP HANA Enables Business of the Future | SAPPHIRE NOW ONLINE
Here are top tweets from the keynote:
- @applebyj: I think @quentinclark has done a good job of his first keynote. Kept it short.
- @dahowlett: “HANA is a given” – per Quentin Clarke – maybe – but not for 80-85% of customers #SAPPHIRENOW
- @DBerthiaumeCSA: #Realtime #data will replace #KPI and #PowerPoint #SAPPHIRENOW #HassoPlattner
- @DBerthiaumeCSA: The justification for separate #systems for #performance reasons is over #HassoPlattner #SAPPHIRENOW #inmemory
- @dessexTT: #SAPPHIRENOW CTO Quentin Clark’s great summary. #HANA the great unifier. Analytics fundamental to apps. But if only tool is a hammer…
- @DHenschen: Hasso @SAPPHIRENOW If we have 0 response time, we need half the code and we develop twice as fast. – defending speed naysayers.
- @DHenschen: Impressive Hana-based financial/performance analysis app demonstrated by Colgate @Sapphirenow
- @holgermu: MyPOV – Great #HANA use case – genome drill down. Good approach to tackle the visualization challenges. #SapphireNOW pic.twitter.com/6Nj4HaAeTu
- @rwang0: MyPov: Hasso delivered a great keynote today. One of his best. Thanks Hasso! #ASUG0215 ##SAPPHIRENOW @rwang0
- @twailgum: Awesome 2 days in #ASUG Hub for new member activity: 200+ new members, 300+ Chapter joins, 2,500 SIG joins and more. #ASUG2015 #SAPPHIRENOW
The show floor on the final day of SAPPHIRE NOW was still very lively. The sessions were all very packed from customers sharing their roadmaps for SAP HANA and SAP Lumira and BI to info and demo sessions to Hasso Plattner and Bernd Leukert’s book signing at the Platform and Technology Campus.
Here are some highlights for day 3:
Varian Medical Systems shared their evolution of systems and how SAP HANA and SAP ASE migrations and they saw improvements in speed, performance, cost optimization.
Pfizer shared their experience of moving from BEx to BOBJ, their roadmap and rollout plan, as well as their most important best practice- to leverage Idea Place.
It was a great SAPPHIRE NOW and if you weren’t able to attend live, there are plenty of ways you can see what happened.
You can also watch replays of hundreds of sessions online here.
I hope you all enjoyed SAPPHIRE NOW 2015. I’d love to hear what your favorite part of the show was, so please feel free to share in the comments below.