SAP Netweaver Business Client 5.0 Installation and usage guide
The SAP Netweaver Business Client 5.0 can be used in place of SAP GUI with more flexible features and new look and feel of sap screens. This document provides the details of how to install the SAP Netweaver Business Client 5.0 and how we can replace SAP GUI with this tool.
Installation and usage of the SAP Netweaver Business Client 5.0
The SAP GUI 740 installation has a component ‘Netweaver Business Client 5.0’, please make sure it’s selected for installation, so that you can experience the new way of accessing SAP GUI with this tool.
1. Please select the SAP Netweaver Business Client 5.0 while installation SAP GUI 740 setup (as shown in below screen shot).
3. You will see the sap logon pad system details as shown below
4. You can have system selection window two views as shown below please use as per your comfort.
5. Before accessing the systems please make sure the personalize settings updated as shown in below screen shots.
(Note: The Accessibility option gives much better rich look to the sap screen, it’s not mandatory)
6. Through the ‘System Selector’ we can access different sap systems as shown below.
7. The best feature what I have seen with this tool is shown below.
A. The specific system multiple sessions will be shown in a same window with multiple tabs.
B. We can bookmark sessions/t-codes by system specific.
8. There are other personalize setting available please change them according to your personal requirements.
This document will help understand the initial stages of using the NWBC 5.0 instead of SAP GUI. There could be more usage options that what here mentioned so would need more study of this tool.