Moving human capital management (HCM) to the cloud is still a hot topic for most IT and HR business executives. Is this true for your organization as well?
Is moving your HCM applications to the cloud the right approach for your company? Have you decided to move these applications to the cloud, but are wondering what deployment method would best help you leverage on-premise investments?
The cloud offers broad and deep benefits
Cloud-based applications, such as those in our public cloud portfolio for human resources, allow you to implement the latest industry and technology innovations quickly and with minimal investment. For instance, by moving your HCM applications to the cloud, your company can achieve benefits such as:
- Fast time to value – There is no need for hardware and local delivery architecture with cloud solutions from SAP, so you can simply subscribe, implement your business processes, and be up and running in as little as 90 days.
- Faster innovation – You can also leverage new platforms more rapidly, update software faster, and stay on top of the latest HCM and cloud technology innovations.
- Proven configuration – The cloud architecture in SAP solutions is open and flexible, so you can easily configure your cloud-based HCM solutions to meet your needs while ensuring that any customizations will lead to efficient performance and upgrades.
- High security – Cloud solutions from SAP have the latest, most advanced security standards built right in, so you can be assured that your HCM data is well protected.
- Staying ahead – One of the most valuable advantages of cloud solutions from SAP is that they help you keep aligned with current trends as you advance your competitive edge with the latest evolving technology.
Which cloud approach is right for you?
As you begin to move your HCM applications to the cloud, you have several options, depending on the extent that you want to leverage your on-premise investments, including:
- Full cloud – Here all your HCM applications would reside in the cloud.
- Talent hybrid – This option would allow you to synchronize your core on-premise HR applications with cloud-based talent solutions. With a hybrid solution, you can secure your investment in the SAP ERP application while maximizing the benefits of new talent innovations, which are launched every quarter, in the cloud.
- Side-by-side – This approach provides a distributed deployment model. For instance, you can adopt a cloud-based core HR system for a subset of employees and use the SAP ERP Human Capital Management solution as the core HR system for another subset of employees. Alternatively, you could use a consolidated deployment model if you have multiple core on-premise HR systemsand want to use a cloud-based HR system for unified navigation, selected global HR processes, and consolidated reporting.
We’re here to make your move easier
As you begin your journey to the cloud, SAP Services can provide expert guidance through our cloud advisory and design for human resources service. This assessment service can help you evaluate which strategic option is best for your company and identify in which areas a cloud-based solution would bring the most benefit. Whether you are taking a full cloud, hybrid, or side-by-side approach, SAP consultants can help you assess your company’s cloud readiness and develop an efficient and cost-effective plan for implementing your HCM applications.
Through this assessment service, you can also take advantage of best practices early on as you gain a full understanding of the cloud-based solution you are deploying. We can also help you develop a solid business case and road map all within a short timeframe (typically 3-5 weeks).
Build your right cloud foundation – from day one
If you want to get up and running quickly with HCM applications from our cloud portfolio for human resources, you can lay
the proper foundation by engaging with SAP Services experts to pave the way.
Whether you are assessing a new HCM solution from SAP, redesigning a business process, deploying the latest SAP technologies, or optimizing your current solution, we can help you address your HR challenges and achieve success.
For more information, visit http://www.sap.com/services-support/svc/cloud-services-consulting.html.