Agenda: We will learn how to create Advanced Data Store Object through eclipse based modelling.
Next generation of Data Store Object simplifies data modelling in SAP BW(eclipse based modelling experience)
- Consolidate Data Store Objects and Info Cubes
- Combine Info Object and field based modelling
- New intuitive & modern modelling UI
Optimized Data Store services
• High frequent data loads – based on optimized request management
• Change of usage scenario without deletion of data
• Up to 120 key fields
• Optional SID entries for query performance optimization
Step by Step
1 ) You are in the BW modeling tools. In the context menu for your BW project, choose Start of the navigation path New Next navigation step Data Store Object (advanced) End of the navigation path.
2 ) In the dialog box for creating Data Store objects (advanced), assign an Info Area to your advanced Data Store object and give it a name and description. The name can be between three and nine characters long. If you have a namespace for the Data Store object (advanced), the name can only be eight characters long. You can select an object template or a template for the data warehousing layer. More information: Templates for Modeling the Data Warehousing Layers.
3 ) Selected a template (DSO) for the data warehousing layer.
4) In overview tab modeling properties enable you to control how you use your A DSO.
5) In details tab you can add IOs or Fields.
6) Partition tab for optimize performance. This is an expert setting, usually no need to change this setting. The system default setting should be sufficient. You can create partitions for key fields.
7) Index tab is for to create index on the active table. If no active table is found, the index is created on the inbound table.
8) Active A DSO from BW Modeling Tools (Eclipse-based)
9) After creating and configuring the ADSO, it will become visible in the workbench as well. Check in BW IA in RSA11.
10) Create transformation in BW, here I have selected source as a classic DSO. After transformation activation execute DTP.
11) You will check total records loaded in A DSO
12) Go to Manage of A DSO & execute.
Usage recommendation for the advanced DSO
- Model persistency of new end2end scenarios (staging and reporting) with the advanced DSO
- Do not massively convert existing scenarios – conversion tools and support are planned to be shipped with later SPs