To install the Universal Analytic Application Function Library (UAL AFL)
You cannot install UAL AFL on an SAP HANA server that has SAL AFL installed.
To see if SAL AFL is installed, run the following command:
ls -la /usr/sap/<SID>/HDB<INSTANCE>/exe/plugins
If the resulting listing contains a plugin with the string sal_ in its name, then SAL AFL is installed.
Instructions for uninstalling SAL AFL are in the SAP Note 2103854
Use the following path to download a new version of UAL AFL from the SAP Service Marketplace:
SAP Software Download Center – Support Packages and Patches – A – Z Index – L – SAP Lumira Server – SAP Lumira Server 1 – Comprised Software Component Versions – Universal Analytics AFL 1.0 – Linux on x86_64 64bit
To Install UNIVERSAL ANALYTICS AFL 1.0 SP 301 or higher:
- Extract the downloaded UAL package file into an existing empty directory
- Extract your SAP HANA Platform installation package file into a second directory
- Shut down the hana instance where you want to install UAL.
- NOTE: There are two versions of hdblcm (Resident and Non-Resident)
Resident hdblcm gets installed to /sapmnt/shared/<SID>/hdblcm
- Non-Resident hdblcm comes inside the SAP HANA Platform installation package file under SAP_HANA_DATABASE
- Run the Non-Resident hdblcm as root with the following syntax:
- Choose the system you wish to update
- Choose component sap_afl_sdk_ual
- Enter the <sid>adm password
- Enter y to continue
– Download Lumira Server Installation files from SMP.
You can access the files through this path:
And you can choose the latest version of SAP Lumira Server:
– Files extraction.
You can now extract the downloaded file, and you should have the following file available as it is the one that will be imported to HANA:
– Import in SAP HANA Studio.
Once logged in to the HANA Studio, you can choose the instance needed, then click on File -> Import.
From the following menu, you can choose the method Delivery Unit, and browse to the downloaded file.
To verify that the import was successful, you can check the available roles in the HANA DB, and you should find these two new roles added after a Lumira import:
– Create Lumira User and assign roles.
You now need to create the connectivity user for Lumira with the appropriate rights, you can do this by a simple SQL script:
CREATE USER LUMIRACONN PASSWORD somepassword;
GRANT MODELING TO LUMIRACONN;
GRANT REPO.READ ON “<Your Package Name>” TO LUMIRACONN;
– Connection to HANA SQL Connector.
To establish the connection, you now need to access the SQL Connector tool on your HANA server.
You can access that via the URL:
You can now use the SYSTEM user to access the tool, however, you need to make sure that it has these roles:
Once logged in to the SQL connector, you can navigate to the following XS Application:
Now you can add the created user LUMIRACONN, and Save.
Post installation Steps:
1. Open the Role Assignment application by entering the following URL in your browser:
2. Log in to the Role Assignment application. Use an account that has the roles specified in the Prerequisites section.
The Role Assignment application opens. The side panel displays a list of the roles available in your SAP HANA system, and the content area displays content assignments of the currently selected role.
3. Search for the required role, for example sap.bi.admin::BI_CONFIGURATOR.
4. Select the role, then in the content area, select the “+” sign to search for the required catalog.
For example, if you have selected the sap.bi.admin::BI_CONFIGURATOR role, you would search for the SAP Lumira Administration catalog, as listed in the table above.
If two catalogs with the name SAP Lumira Administration appear, select both. You can remove the role that is not required in the next step.
5. Add the catalog(s) to the required role.
6. Once the catalog is added to the role, you can see the catalog ID and the catalog privileges that are added. If necessary, remove the catalog that is not required.
For example, the sap.bi.admin::BI_CONFIGURATOR
role only requires the catalog SAP Lumira Administration with the ID
8. Repeat this procedure for each of the roles listed in the table above.
9. Close the Role Assignment application.
10. You can now start the automatic Lumira Server configuration from the Fiori Launchpad.
You can use the URL:
Lumira Server Configuration:
Now you can enter your connection user and run the configuration:
You now have Lumira server installed. You can now access your Lumira Server on top of HANA.
You can use the URL:
And you can enter the username LUMIRACONN and password somepassword