SP5 for SAP Single Sign-On 2.0 Now Available
This week, SAP released the latest support package for SAP Single Sign-On 2.0. Support Package 5 contains a number of new features and functions as we continuously enhance the product to fulfill customer requests and upcoming security demands. Here is an overview of all that’s new with SP5:
- Support for 8-digit passcodes (SAP Authenticator mobile app)
- Support strong digest algorithms (SHA-256 and SHA-512)
- Two-factor authentication using out-of-band (OOB) tokens, such as SMS, Email or other
Mobile Single Sign-On
- Option to use two-factor authentication for mobile single sign-on scenarios (use passcode as second factor in addition to initial authentication via password)
Enhanced Support of Risk-Based Authentication
- Enhanced policies for risk-based / context-based authentication
- Risk-based authentication now also available for the Secure Login Server (in addition to the SAML Identity Provider)
SSH Agent Support for Secure Login Client
- Secure Login Client can run as SSH agent, providing a secure way to use keys and certificates stored in the Microsoft Crypto Store for SSH public key authentication
RFID-Based User Identification
- New detailed documentation is now available! Check out Martin Blust’s blog RFID-Based Identification of SAP Applications Using Employee Badges.
You can download the support package from the SAP Service Marketplace (login required). Enjoy!