The second day of SAPPIHRE NOW started off with a keynote from Bernd Leukert. He opened with the topic digitization and how we can use digitization to strengthen the market, and how it is changing companies in all industries. For example an airline company can think of themselves as a “software company with wings” or how digitization gives companies the chance to change themselves from selling things to selling outcomes and promising ideas because the outcome affects the entire value chain. After Bernd left the stage, Concur’s Steve Singh took the stage and elaborated on digital transformation. If you missed the keynote, the replay will be available here: http://events.sap.com/sapphirenow/en/session/15951
There were a few announcements that went live today during the keynote:
- SAP Announces SAP S/4HANA, Cloud Edition
- SAP Unveils SAP HANA Cloud Platform for the Internet of Things
- Innovation for SAP HANA Empowers Customers in Today’s Digital Economy
The Platform & Technology campus were filled with crowds surrounding the microforums and demo theaters in all topic areas from BI and Analytics to SAP HANA and S/4HANA.
Among popular things, the SAP Services had a round of workshops that produced amazing images of different roadmaps and processes to get to SAP HANA/ SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
Additional highlights include top tweets:
- @rwang0: Interesting social media stats from #sapphirenow MyPOV: virtual appears to be more effective. pic.twitter.com/1A1QPaeT5x
- @paulhamerman: #SAPPHIRENOW #S4HANA migration path: 1) migrate to HANA, 2) upgrade to S/4HANA, 3) Deploy. @LeukertB says to eliminate the customizations
- @noyesk: SAP brings its S/4Hana data platform to the cloud pcworld.com/article/291953… via @pcworld #sapphirenow
- @holgermu: MyPOV – Sounds like @Siemens had some good influence on the DB aspect of the @SAP #IoT strategy… #SAPPHIRENOW
- @DHenschen: Bernd Leukert says SAP has 1,400 customers, 140 partners, 70,000 developer accounts on Hana Cloud Platform @SAPPHIRENOW
- @chrischute: @SteveSSingh briefing the #SAPPHIRENOW crowd on the Business Network. Ambitious new territory beyond standalone apps.
- David McCandless #DataViz in #SAPLumira (@mccandelish & @InfoBeautiful) that was demoed at SAPPHIRE is available online at: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63882?linkId=13976461
- Winners of the Tuesday photo contest http://blogs.sap.com/analytics/2015/04/27/sapphirenow-photo-contest-what-would-you-viz/ were: @DocKevinElder, @jdelvat, @XcelsiusGurus, and @marksmithvr