After the upgrade of a system, the Old Product is still assigned to a product system that is assigned to a logical component. In order for MOPZ and Service delivery session to function properly the old product must be removed from the product System. This cannot be done when a Logical component is assigned to that old product. In this scenario we have CHARM in place so the logical component cannot be deleted with breaking the Charm project it is assigned too.
The solution is to move the logical component to the new product. Then you can remove the product from the Product system and Charm will not be affected.
The old Product system is assigned to the product system and a logical component that is being used by Charm Projects.
The Verification Check Fails, due to the incorrect product assignment to the product system.
1. Select the Logical Component
2. Select Maintain
3. Select Search
4. Select the correct upgraded product
5. Select Close
6. Now you can see the correct product assigned
7. Select save
8. Now you can see the logical component has been moved to the new product.
9. Select the Product System
10. Select the Old product
11. Select Delete
12. Select Save
13. Re-Execute the Verification check and it should turn green.
14. Now the MOPZ and Deliver Sessions will function properly.
15. Now you need to execute a manually update of SMSY from LMDB
16. Navigate to transaction SE38
17. Enter program SMSY_FETCH_SYSTEM_UPDATE
18. Select Execute
19. Enter the System ID for the systems you updated
20. Select the system type
21. Select Execute
22. Verify checks are successful.
23. Navigate to transaction SMSY and verify the Logical components are consistent.
24. If they have a yellow warning you must run a constancy check to verify all no issues exist.
25. Select a Logical Component
26. Select execute Consistency Check
27. Select Solution Directory and SMSY Internal consistency check
28. Select the green check box to execute
29. If all is well the checks will be successful and the warning symbol will go disappear
30. Repeat the steps for the other logical components until all are consistent.