Get, Set, Go!…ASUG Conference / Sapphire 2015 #ASUG2015
Conference time again! And probably for the first time in many years, I’m not going as a Speaker. It’s not very often that I go to a conference to learn much more about a Product / Solution / Roadmap and that’s only because SAP Sales / Marketing / SAP Mentors / ASUG Webcasts are great at giving out the necessary information.
However, this time around, it just seems like we have a sizeable gap between what we run and what SAP has to offer. I’m back to my learning mode and that’s a lot of fun.
I would be looking at some very basic questions (not from Sales / Marketing, but really from Customers / ASUG sessions):
• How can Suite on HANA improve our Business (Strategic, Tactical, Efficiency, Productivity etc.)
• How simple is SAP’s Simple Portfolio (Simple Finance, Simple Logistics etc. )
• The 3 most compelling reasons for us to go for S4 HANA or Simple Finance
• What are we missing if we don’t do this
Here’s what I would look for from the Product Management teams
• A Roadmap for the next 2 years for ERP / S4 HANA/ Simple Finance(With all the M&A activity, I doubt anything more than 2 years is practical)
• A bit more clarity on SAP’s BPM, Portal, GRC (and BW, Yes- we still use it!)
Seems pretty basic and easy questions and hopefully, the answers do not begin with ‘It depends…’. I have already had the necessary technical know-how from various meetings with SAP/ Mentors / Webcast etc. and I look forward to some great conversations on some of these topics.
See you at the conference!