SAP’s business intelligence strategy includes several tools that are pillars for different use cases. For most cases involving dashboards and KPI tracking, you’ll want to consider SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio. This application first became first became generally available in November 2012 as a solution designed from scratch to help you optimize getting key insights from big data into the hands of your decision makers enabling them to make better, real-time decisions.
Creating an information driven culture starts by having a broad audience interacting with compelling visuals. Business intelligence applications built with SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio are key to getting your trusted data into an enterprise grade application that can be viewed across your organization.
What’s New in v1.5?
The upcoming release of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio includes a number of the new capabilities:
Self -service dashboards:
- Personalization: Business users love having their functionality delivered to them, but being able to personalize it online makes them even happier. Decision makers can compose their own view of charts, choose their own chart type, and use a search function to find a dimension or key figure.
- PDF export: Now business users can export and share all or part of their dashboard.
- Export to SAP Lumira: Executives who want further analysis on their dashboard KPIs will be able to simply export the data to SAP Lumira for their analyst, without involving IT. Geo maps: Native maps that can support up to 10 layers of information and display data as shape, point and bubble chart.
- Query parallelization for all data sources which allows you to assign the data source to processing groups and have a separate backend session for each.
- Unmerge variables so that they are bound to each data source and at runtime you can select different variable values for different data sources
- New SAP HANA provider which improves performance especially for heavy OLAP use cases
The v1.5 release of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio is packed with significant innovations for both executives and consumers of dashboards, and for IT. One of the great benefits of this release is the SDK that allows developers and partners the flexibility to customize. In the SAP store you will find a community of partners who offer these add-ons:
- APOS Dashboard Auditor
- APOS Dashboard Migrator
- Design Studio Exports
- graphomate tables
- graphomate charts
In addition, you can refer to this SCN blog that lists many other partners who build SDK components.
And, on SCN there is a developer community ready with advice and where you can contribute to an online repository.
We will continue to invest significantly in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio as one of our core BI solutions.
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio at SAPPHIRE NOW
If you’re attending the SAPPHIRE NOW/ ASUG conference next week, you won’t want to miss the great SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio customer stories. Make sure you add the following sessions to your calendar:
- Tetra Pak session BI2018
- Lockheed Martin session BI2039
- Kindred Health session BI624
- Dupont session IC1241
Other customers that have successfully adopted SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio include VELUX, NEC and Mann & Hummel. The latest roadmap information will be covered in the ASUG sessions on the v1.5 release and Best Practices.
Follow me at @AnitaGibbings